Author Topic: 1920s - can father be determined?  (Read 448 times)

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: 1920s - can father be determined?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 00:22 GMT (UK) »
…Which they didn't have..  :-\

I love your comment!   ;D

Bob’s mother used to talk about her Irish grandfather and their upbringing. I believe she was quite envious when her cousin visited Ireland.  I think, after the possible initial shock of having a different father, she would have welcomed the even closer tie to Ireland.

Thank you for providing the breakdowns.  They fit perfectly.  Looking at one of the trees (the one with a lot of details), the person who created the tree (415cm) would be Bob’s H-1c.  Looking at 415cm’s tree, 545cm would also be Bob’s H-1c.

I’m pleased that so many “Murphy” descendants tested their DNA.  I originally just couldn’t figure out why Bob didn’t have any matches with his maternal grandfather’s side.  There are over 75 Ancestry trees that include that surname/family and Bob didn’t share any DNA with those folks.

I just need to try to find two Murphy brothers, to make sure one of them isn’t the father.  With everyones’ interest in my thread, I am now motivated to again try to find the men.  Perhaps they died before having any other children, or their descendants couldn’t/didn’t take DNA tests, or neither was the father.

I will post any findings.

Thank you TreeDigger.  Also, thank you again, Glen and coombs.

PS. I hope you are happy with your new DNA results.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline TreeDigger

• RootsChat Senior
  • Lioessens church 12th/tower 15th century
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 07:05 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure that forum members are all too willing to help find the missing brothers. Via DM if necessary if you don't want to post information due to privacy concerns.

This community has some fantastic sleuthing capabilities  ;)
Haycock (Liverpool, Wolverhampton, Oswestry); Rosewell (Shepperton); Wales/Whales (Thanet, Kent); Daborn (Chobham, Horsell); Prince and Powell (Liverpool area); Maxted and She(e)pwashe (Kent); Milo/Millot (France, Holland, England); genealogical research project on links to ancient Frisian aristocracy (Hofstra-Fynia-Tania). It keeps me off the streets ;)

Twenty years on this forum!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 08:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much, TreeDigger.  I will keep in mind the suggestion of asking for help.  I am concerned about posting details since it appears that the possible grandfather was a beloved family member.  I will try to find the “missing” brothers; they possibly may have remained in Ireland.  Thank you again, Lisa.  :)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes, if you are happy to give basic details (name, age, residence) of the legal father and the biological father via PM we can help.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you as well, coombs.  :)   My brother will be visiting today; I will have a look around for the “Murphy” brothers after they leave.   As mentioned, it’s been awhile since I last searched. Perhaps I can find something; or, perhaps they will remain hidden.   ;)