Author Topic: Is the imuseum site working?  (Read 731 times)

Offline margaret1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Is the imuseum site working?
« on: Tuesday 05 March 24 01:20 GMT (UK) »
I am not able to access the imuseum site - is anyone else having the same problem?

Margaret
All Census Lookups are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

ARCHIBALD/ADAMS/BROWN/GORDON/WILSON/Midlothian
CADDY/COPPIN/DENITHORNE/GEDYE/GIDDEY/GROWDEN/THOMAS/Cornwall
CAREY,CARRÉ Huguenot/France/Kent/NZ/NSW
CARMICHAEL/GRAHAM/CRAMB/STEWART/Perth
CLOUGH/Lancs/Yorks/NSW
CORNWELL/Kent/NSW 
EATON/Lon/NSW    
MALYON/Mdx  
MATTHEWS/Lon/Sry/Oxf/Glouc/NSW
McLEOD/THOMSON/E Lothian
QUINN/Kilkenny
TUCK/HART/Mdx/Esx
VICCARS/ Lond/Northamps/Hunts

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is the imuseum site working?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 07:19 GMT (UK) »
The site is working fine for me?

www.imuseum.im
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline margaret1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for checking - I'm not sure why I can't access it -  :-\
All Census Lookups are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

CLOUGH/Lancs/Yorks/NSW
CORNWELL/Kent/NSW 
EATON/Lon/NSW    
MALYON/Mdx  
McLEOD/THOMSON/E Lothian
QUINN/Kilkenny
TUCK/HART/Mdx/Esx

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Who, or what, are you looking for?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline margaret1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 22:46 GMT (UK) »
William Edward Rae b. 1881 Rushen, IOM - Parents: William Rae and Isabella Cannell of Sea Mount Port St, Mary, IOM.
William enlisted in the British Army, King's Liverpool Regiment 1/10th (Scottish) Battalion in WW1. He served in France and Belgium - his battalion were sent to the trenches in November 1914 where he was badly wounded - he died of his wounds in Royal Southern Hospital, Liverpool, Lancashire, England on 2 September, 1920, a few months after discharge from the Army. He was buried at Kirk Christ Church Cemetery, Port Erin, Rushen, IOM.

I have birth/death/burial/baptism/details and there is a photo of him in his military uniform posted on Find My Grave site.

I wanted to see if their were any other photos of him or letters to home from the frontline - anything at all really.

Margaret :)

CLOUGH/Lancs/Yorks/NSW
CORNWELL/Kent/NSW 
EATON/Lon/NSW    
MALYON/Mdx  
McLEOD/THOMSON/E Lothian
QUINN/Kilkenny
TUCK/HART/Mdx/Esx

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 March 24 06:56 GMT (UK) »
The only entry I can see is his burial record.

Offline margaret1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 06 March 24 07:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much  :)
Margaret

CLOUGH/Lancs/Yorks/NSW
CORNWELL/Kent/NSW 
EATON/Lon/NSW    
MALYON/Mdx  
McLEOD/THOMSON/E Lothian
QUINN/Kilkenny
TUCK/HART/Mdx/Esx

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 06 March 24 23:06 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if you have these or not but the free to access newspapers part of the iMuseum site have these articles:-

RAE—September 2nd, at the Southern Hospital, Liverpool, William Edward Rae, eldest dearly-beloved son of William Rae, "Sea Mount," Port St. Mary, in his 39th year; and whose remains will be removed from "Sea Mount" for interment in Rushen Churchyard, on Sunday (to-morrow). September 5th, at 2 o'clock p.m. — (Deeply regretted.)

- Isle of Man Examiner, Saturday, September 04, 1920

FUNERAL OF THE LATE MR. WILLIAM E. RAE. The remains of the late Mr Wm. E. Rae. eldest son of Mr Wm. Rae, of Sea Mount, Port St Mary, who passed away at the Southern Hospital, Liverpool, on the previous Thursday, from an illness accelerated as the result of wounds in the head received in France in June, 1916, were conveyed to the Island on Saturday. The interment took place at Rushen Churchyard on Sunday afternoon. There was present a very large attendance of sympathisers, testifying to the great respect held for the deceased. At the door the hymn, "Jesu, Lover of my soul," was sung with feeling", and en route to the Parish Churchyard the hymn, "O God our help in ages past," and a portion of the 90th Psalm were sung. The service in the Church and at the graveside was conducted by the Rev Canon Leece, R.D. (vicar). The choir were present, and the 39th Psalm was chanted, and the hymn, "Peace, perfect peace," was sung. Mr Arthur Cregeen presided at the organ, and played Spohr's "Blessed are the departed" and Beethoven's "Funeral March." The chief mourners were: — Mr Wm. Rae (father), Mr Cunningham T. Rae (brother), Mr Stephen Prideaux (brother-in-law), Master S. Prideaux (nephew), Mrs G. Richards (aunt), and Miss Cannell, Colby (aunt). Messrs Edwin Bridson (Strand Hall), Wm. H. Cubbon (Castletown), P.J. Prideaux (Port Erin) and J.C. Dickson (Castletown) were the bearers. A number of beautiful floral tributes were sent, as follows:—Father, auntie and sisters; Mr and Mrs Stephen Prideaux; Mr and Mrs C.T. Rae and family: Mrs Proctor (aunt) and son and Miss Rae (aunt), Portobello; Lieut.-Col. Blair, Liverpool: Messrs R.A. Scott Macfie and J.S. Rattray (two of deceased's officer comrades in the Liverpool Scottish); D.D.S.S.A.: Mr, Mrs and Miss Briscoe ("In loving remembrance of one of our brave ones"); Misses Lawrence and Whittingham; and nephew and nieces. The tribute from the deceased's Colonel took the form of a Cross of St Andrew, with the Tartan Ribbon of Kilt worn by the Liverpool Scottish, and bore the following inscription:—"In affectionate remembrance of my old "E" Company comrade of the Liverpool Scottish, and in humble tribute to the man, W.E. Rae. From Lieut.-Col. G. Blair, Fraser street, Liverpool."

-Isle of Man Examiner, Saturday, September 11, 1920

C

Offline margaret1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 07 March 24 00:16 GMT (UK) »
Wow!!! This is wonderful - I really appreciate you doing this for me.

As you can guess I didn't have this entry.

Margaret  :D

CLOUGH/Lancs/Yorks/NSW
CORNWELL/Kent/NSW 
EATON/Lon/NSW    
MALYON/Mdx  
McLEOD/THOMSON/E Lothian
QUINN/Kilkenny
TUCK/HART/Mdx/Esx