Author Topic: Katherine Alice GREENLEES nee MURRAY  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Katherine Alice GREENLEES nee MURRAY
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday 19 March 24 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi I would have to find the complete list of crew/soldiers/convicts on the Chapman, possible I guess

There was a book written on the 1817 journey of the "Chapman" would love to read that.

I suspect that any crew list and full passenger list would be in the UK archives. Don’t know how easy it would be to access.
if on that ship, your John would have been the right age to be a cabin boy, or apprentice seaman, if he wasn’t the son of a soldier.

I wonder if the NSW birth register for the daughter Elizabeth would add any more information that wasn’t on Thomas’ cert.? Maybe not; there was good information there for Mary.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday 19 March 24 19:31 GMT (UK) »
I thought I would gamble with this one this morning and it did not pay off!  LOL Waste of money really.  It doesn't even state were they were living.  Grrrrrr.

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday 19 March 24 20:06 GMT (UK) »
PARISH REGISTER from St Mary’s Catholic Church, Ipswich apparently is held by the Queensland Historical society.  I think they will want too much money to check the records.  May have to just leave it I think.  Getting a bit too expensive now.  I left a message on their facebook page but I think I know how it will go.  LOL  Dianna

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday 19 March 24 21:37 GMT (UK) »
I thought I would gamble with this one this morning and it did not pay off!  LOL Waste of money really.  It doesn't even state were they were living.  Grrrrrr.

But, at least now you know it is not your couple.
John Lawlon was a grazier on the McIntyre River; and he was literate. He could not be your John L.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neale
    Thanks for your input and help.  Well to tell you the truth I really don't know what is what with this family SO on the tree I am just going to put that Sophia Elizabeth parents are JOHN LOWDER and MARY HEALY as that is what she has on her marriage certificate and just leave it at that.

Without a birth certificate I can never know for sure!  Maybe she was with her mother in NSW?? As Sophia seems to have had TWO children with JOHN MURRAY before they were married Theresa L 1886 Central Cumberland and Catherine A. 1887 Newcastle.

So Sophia must have been in the general area prior to that!  Anyway thank you for all your fantastic help.  Regards Dianna