Author Topic: Leonard Robinson b.1905 what happened (died in the 40s/50s?)  (Read 255 times)

Offline FrancisGrn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Leonard Robinson b.1905 what happened (died in the 40s/50s?)
« on: Saturday 09 March 24 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rootschat,
I'd like if someone could give me a hand to see what happened to my great-uncle Leonard Robinson. I have posted enquiries about some of his brothers before, and have now managed to establish their lives, as my grandfather didn't really keep up with his family. I can't, for some reason establish what happened to one of the middle children, Leonard. Leonard was born c.1905 in Rochdale, and the family moved to Twickenham c.1918. He was the son of Richard Robinson and Eliza Ann Greenfield, and brother to Arthur, Harry, Albert, Frank, Ernest, Nora, Edith, Norman and Allen. Before his death, my granddad made a family tree where Leonard is show as being married to 'Marjory'. My granddad also reminisced about Leonard living near the Brentford stadium and going to matches in the 20s. My dad is also convinced that he died before my grandparents wedding in 1956. I've found a 1938 marriage index for Leonard Robinson and Margery I Reeder, and they show up in 1939 living in Brentford, making me think this is my man. The problem is I can't seem to find a death; there is one in Wood Green in 1954, but I think this is a guy that shows up in '39 in Southgate, close to Wood Green. The bizarre thing is I looked at freebmd and there's a Leonard Robinson with the same DoB as in the Brentford 1939 register record dying in Hounslow in 1979. I can't find any info on this Leonard at all, and I can't believe this is my man as my dad is quite clear his uncle died before he was born, some time in the 30s, 40s or 50s.

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Leonard Robinson b.1905 what happened (died in the 40s/50s?)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 March 24 18:30 GMT (UK) »
The Leonard Robinson in the 1939 register with Marjorie I is still at the same address from 1939-1965 as per electoral registers.

Eliza J Reeder died 1955.

SS

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Leonard Robinson b.1905 what happened (died in the 40s/50s?)
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 March 24 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Whilst Leonard & Marjorie were in Ealing up and until 1965 the registration district was altered in 1965 and incorporated into Hounslow.

SS
https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/hounslow.html