Author Topic: FLORENCE ROSE KELLY (nee Turner) formerly Marston  (Read 2215 times)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: FLORENCE ROSE KELLY (nee Turner) formerly Marston
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 March 24 00:42 GMT (UK) »
In 1931 and 1933, Arthur Samuel MARSTON and Eleanor May MARSTON are at 47 Mullens Street, Balmain.
Florence and John KELLY (messenger) are also at 47 Mullens St in 1931 and 1933.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 March 24 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Florence and John KELLY (messenger) are at 2 Crescent St, Balmain in 1930. Arthur Samuel and Eleanor are with them.

They are also all recorded at 114 Rowntree St, Balmain in 1930 - this can happen if they have moved and the roll has not been updated.

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 March 24 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi maddys52 that is wonderful! Puts them all together.  Thanks so much.  Regards Dianna

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 March 24 11:13 GMT (UK) »
No sign of anything in the newspapers relating to after Florence got married to Richard... only directly before (you may have this already, but adding another couple of names into the mix).

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/196142471?searchTerm=%22Florence%20Turner%22
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 11 March 24 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi jorose
    Wow this is amazing!  I also found this where both children are named so we know it is all correct.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/162597023?searchTerm=%22MARY%20JANE%20CALLUM%22.

So many questions honestly where was the mother Mary Jane when all this was going on?? One good thing I don't have to follow the Marston family now as I know they are actually Macquires.  LOL

Love it honestly!  Many thanks Dianna

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 11 March 24 17:06 GMT (UK) »
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/162597023?searchTerm=%22Florence%20Turner%22.

Also this Mary Jane Callum is calling herself a widow!  Her husband Gilbert Noah Turner apparently deserted her in 1897 and he actually married an Ethel Follers in Sydney in 1910!

It's all happening with this family.  Many thanks Dianna

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 16 March 24 04:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Mostly what you already know but maybe some new bits.

Cleaning out  the notes ;D

When Gilbert Noah TURNER deserted his wife Mary Jane (nee MANN) she advertised …..

Gilbert Noah -Turner is notified that his wife intends to marry again unless he  communicates
cates with her at once.
November 1904

There is a tree on Ancestry which is best ignored as it is very muddled between 2 men , father and son, named Gilbert Noah TURNER.

As mentioned, after deserting his wife and children, one of whom was Florence Rose TURNER born 1890, the husband of Mary Jane (nee MANN) Gilbert Noah TURNER appears to have married Ethel FOLLERS in NSW in 1910 and died in 1942. Parents not known.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/17785399

His probable birth in Vic shows 1870. Father William Henry and mother Janet McKINNON. Geelong. #15949.

Only a certificate of the marriage to FOLLERS could indicate whether this is the right man .  There is a 1942 probate notification in his estate  granted to people of the surname FOLLERS 

Florence Rose TURNER, (b. 1890) had 2 children to Arthur MAGUIRE, Florence Rose (jnr) 1906 and Arthur Samuel 1907.

I believe the marriage to of Flo Rose  (b  1890)  (later Kelly) to Richard Marston was in late December 1909 and the birth of the child Richard Leslie also in December of 1909, but before the marriage.

In Reply 3 you have given us the MC for daughter of  Florence Rose (b.1906) in which her mother now surnamed KELLY, has given consent.

I do find it interesting that despite her mother consenting, the bride’s family knowledge is inaccurate. She states John Marston is her father (which he wasn’t…seems to be Arthur Maguire…. and the given name is incorrect too) and also the wrong maiden name for the very woman who consents…her mother.

By 1925 Richard MARSTON is residing with one Ethel Maud who uses the surname Marston. It may have been Richard’s wish, made known to her, that he was buried with his son Richard Leslie who had died all those years before he did.

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 16 March 24 04:58 GMT (UK) »
HI Sue
    Many thanks.  Good to have this all sorted out.  What a nightmare honestly.

Could you tell me please which newspaper/gazette that notice appears in for Gilbert Noah TURNER 1904?

The marriage certificate I found strange as well as Rose's mum is still alive and surely has told her daughter some fibs!!  They liked to cover up things didn't they!

At least I think with Florence using the Kelly surname her death/burial has been found again that has the incorrect father (mistake? unknown by informant?) but mother as MARY JANE seems to be correct from the NSW BDM at least.

She, Florence Kelly etc I believe is buried at Botany!  I don't think I found a notice for her.  Will have another look.

The trees are a nightmare aren't they.  If I could afford it I would have every certificate that exists (lol) I think most times that is the only way to make sure of things (sometimes) is fibs aren't being told.

Many thanks again and I think the TURNER family are "fairly" correctly document back to Tasmania.

All good.  It's a great start anyway with so much help from everyone.  Kindest regards Dianna

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 16 March 24 05:07 GMT (UK) »
I did find this notice and I had sent a request for a lookup to Ryerson!  That was only on the 11th of this month so hopefully someone can find it.  Just in case her children/family are mentioned.

That would put the icing on the cake.  Thanks Dianna