Author Topic: Yetgoch in Troedyraur, Cardiganshire  (Read 360 times)

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Yetgoch in Troedyraur, Cardiganshire
« on: Tuesday 12 March 24 01:08 GMT (UK) »
I use Family Search and do not know if it is possible to search for those living in a house. Looking for Richards or Williams, though I am also interested in others who lived at Yetgoch in Troedyraur, Cardiganshire. From different censuses I have found Margaret Richards and Sarah Richards. I suspect they might be related, but need more information. There are houses called Yetgoch in other areas, but I am only looking at the one in Troedyraur.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Yetgoch in Troedyraur, Cardiganshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 March 24 11:20 GMT (UK) »
No timescale given in your post

Census address search for all censuses is only available via a FindMyPast subscription.  With Ancestry it’s only available for 1911

Check to see if your local library offers free FindMyPast access
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 March 24 18:35 GMT (UK) »
  Y Llan.,17 January 1908.
The last week in these circles was a week of extraordinary burials Thursday the 9th at 12 o'clock the funeral took place Mrs. Sarah Jones, Yetgoch, Troedyr aur, le; the burial in Hawen Officiated in the house before starting by Rev. Dan. Evans, the minister of the place, and in the chapel and the cemetery by the same man together with Rev. J. Green, M.A., Turgewyn. Her son is Mr. Peter Jones, from Swansea. Strengthen him together with his aunt and other relatives - say "The Lord is, it has been done and it will be good in his sight." God the God of the relatives relatives in the forsaken may he be their God so that - - they may all rise to the bliss of the great morning - it will come. Friday the 10th at 2 o'clock

This in the only reference where the 2 place names appear together.
Google translate. 🙄

Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 March 24 19:27 GMT (UK) »
From 1871 to 1901 Sarah Jones b c 1832 is at Yetgoch.
Parents James and Elizabeth,  sister Mary, Peter is also there at some times.
Elizabeth widow is 96 in 1901

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 March 24 19:29 GMT (UK) »
You will have a good idea of the district from these entries, let us know how you get on.

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 March 24 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Wilcoxon, I have in the 1861 Census: Margaret Richards . 55 (1806) . Widowed . Yetgoch . Troedyraur, Cardiganshire. Henry Richards . 20 (1841) . Single . Cardigan Troedyraur . Agricultural Labourer. That is the first house named, but she and Henry were living in Troedyraur and listed in 1841 and she was there in 1851, possibly at the same address.
Then I have in 1891 Sarah Richards . Head . Single . F . 55 . Stocking Knitter . Yetgoch Troedyraur and wondering if they are related.
You offered ‘1871 to 1901 Sarah Jones b c 1832 is at Yetgoch’.
I do not see how Sarah Jones was Sarah Richards, as she was single and 55, then there is her son.
Is Sarah Richards with the Jones family in 1891?
Margaret Richard(s) is the one I am interested in as she had illegitimate children that I would like to find more about. Two censuses say she was single with children and then widowed, but I have not found a marriage.

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 12 March 24 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Cardiganshire
Troedyraur
ALL
District 05
Page 5
Elizabeth Jones 86.,

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 12 March 24 22:39 GMT (UK) »
1891 Newcastle Emlyn . Troedyraur . RG12_4548 . Enumeration District 5 . Folio 40 . Dwelling Number 365  . Page 8 . Yetgoch . Sarah Richards . Head . 55 . Single. (found on FreeCEN)

Different pages, but seems the same place. Could there be a complex of houses called Yetgoch? I don’t speak Welsh, though know Goch is Red and translate does not offer anything, so it might stem from ancient Welsh.

ADDED:
Elizabeth Jones and her daughter Sarah are at dwelling number 344, so 11 dwelling between and it has to be the street name rather than a house. But; FreeCEN allows me to find the next house, with 345 is called Gwernantisaf and they are farmers. Then it is Bwlchywern and a farmer. And Penywern also a farmer. Dwelling 348 is the Rectory, and from that I should be able to find roughly where it is on a map.

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile