Author Topic: DNA in the current EastEnders story.  (Read 241 times)

Online Zaphod99

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DNA in the current EastEnders story.
« on: Wednesday 13 March 24 15:45 GMT (UK) »
I make no apologies for lowering the tone of this section of the forum but I am a bit bemused by what is going on in EastEnders at the moment. Th3 new landlord of the Queen Victoria public house, George Knight, clearly believes that he is of Caribbean ethnicity. In an attempt to trace his long-lost mother he has a DNA test, gets the results back in extremely quick time and very quickly learns to understand everything that he is told much quicker than the rest of us ever did. He then announces to his family that he has discovered that he is not of Caribbean ethnicity but Ghanaian.  Anyone serious about researching their ethnicity through DNA is well aware that it is largely apocryphal as the results are based on as much as the last 500 years. The current plot line has as much research as the average teenager on YouTube who got a DNA test kit for Christmas and has just found out that they aren't the same ethnicity as their grandparents.

I make no apologies for lowering the tone.

Mrs Zaph

Offline coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
Re: DNA in the current EastEnders story.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 March 24 16:33 GMT (UK) »
I do agree, the EastEnders DNA storyline is sloppily researched. There was a time in the 1980s when EastEnders did have some reality to it but in the past 25 year or so real life Londoners said EE is a total P take of the East End.

Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain