Author Topic: 1910 US census where is RussianPolish re immigration 1881 Selmer/Celmer Please  (Read 863 times)

Offline Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
Re: 1910 US census where is RussianPolish re immigration 1881 Selmer/Celmer Please
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 March 24 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Here's a possibility for the arrival of Joseph Celmer.  It's 1889 but, then again, the Celmers seem to have been somewhat hazy about dates.  I can't make out the name of his place of origin. 

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01t25/
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline RickyJack

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1910 US census where is RussianPolish re immigration 1881 Selmer/Celmer Please
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 March 24 04:34 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Erato,
The name on that link passenger list Josef Cegler born 1866 immigrated 1889 to NY to me looks like Lzuikowka ...Im probably miles away and confused especially after reading the links to do with the participation of Poland, been separated a few times....spent most of the avo trying to get Ancestry and google show me the correct spelling for this place....can anyone else make head nor tail of the place...I got
Lzuikowka,Laznowska Lzuikowa Szczynba and Liszuklew....I see some trees on Ancestry to do with Cegler/Segler they all stop at Russianpolish.
Thanks again Rick in Australia

Offline Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 16 March 24 07:51 GMT (UK) »
I think the first letter is 'S.'  Compare it to person #42 in the list, Samuel Liebowsky.  So I make the place name out to be something like Szuikowka.

Offline Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 16 March 24 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Are you davecapps, or is there someone else interested in the origin of Joseph Celmer?

https://forum.ahnenforschung.net/showthread.php?p=1605142

Offline RickyJack

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 16 March 24 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Well done
Yes I do know Dave, matter of fact I asked Dave yesterday what he thought the translation might be.Im Rick and live in Aussie...
That link leads to Kasachstan about 3360 kms from Poland...the 1900 census says RussianPoland.
and boarded the ship to NY via Hamburg ..my thinking is that if I lived in Kasachstan I'd probably board the ship maybe Italy..closer....anyway managed to find a young girl that travelled to see her Uncle same place in NY she puts her origin as Czernskor OH Biez Gb. Plonk [Czersko=greater Poland]  and Bobrowo .. Gima Bobrowo is not that far from Warsaw and Blonk is half that distance
Ill have a crack and see if Joseph Celger/Selger born 1866 or 1862 can hide from me there
Thanks again Rick

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 17 March 24 03:51 GMT (UK) »
Just one for the back burner, maybe?
https://gov.genealogy.net/item/show/TRELDEJO84TF

If you scroll down to the notes, it gives the variations:
Variationen - villa Sucow (1313), Szukawka, Szukowka (1570), Zukowko (1583), Zukowo (1682), Zukowken (1773), Zakowken (1820), Zukowken (1865), Treuenfelde (1936)