Author Topic: Jane Cooper  (Read 120 times)

Offline bully

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Jane Cooper
« on: Saturday 16 March 24 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Good morning,
Could someone out there help with this family, as for years I've found it so difficult to find anything.
I have two births of a Mary Ann Cooper and her sister, Isabella who I know were born in Ireland, Mary Ann in 1890 at the workhouse in Banach Street, don't know if that's Cork or Kilkenny, and Isabella was born in centenary row.
There father was a private in the Shropshire regiment by the name of Thomas Cooper, and their mother, Jane, sometimes Mary Jane, who was formerly Byrne/Bryan.
I have seen hints about her parents possibly being John and Jane.
Any help would be most welcome, thanks

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Cooper
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 March 24 10:58 GMT (UK) »

I have two births of a Mary Ann Cooper and her sister, Isabella who I know were born in Ireland, Mary Ann in 1890 at the workhouse in Banach Street, don't know if that's Cork or Kilkenny, and Isabella was born in centenary row.

Maryanne Cooper born 4 May 1890 at the Workhouse, Barrack Street, Kilkenny.  MMN Byrne
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1890/02428/1904552.pdf

Isabella Cooper born 14 January 1892 at Centenary Row, Cork city.  Mother Jane Brine (?)
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1892/02352/1879127.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Cooper
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 March 24 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Just some more info about her which you haven't provided.  In 1901 and 1911 they were in Shifnal and she was aged 30 and 37, born in Wexford, Ireland.  Some of the maiden names given for the England born children -  O'BRINE, BRYEN, O'BRIEN, BRYAN, O'BRYAN.

What religion were they?

Debra  :)