Author Topic: Starlink problems  (Read 162 times)

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Starlink problems
« on: Sunday 17 March 24 07:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am in Australia ,  So here is a internet connection Question.

my current internet connection about 4 weeks ago was via Telstra dongle wifi but connected to my computer via ethernet as I was instructed to do. 
 But we are not in a very good area for any of this technology to work very well   It's hit and miss and subject to weather conditions. 

Then about 4 weeks ago a member of the family purchased a Standard Starlink set up on a special deal that was on offer.  The package arrived contents one Modem, Cable, and Antenna .   

the person has set up the antenna  in the backyard under the rotary clothes line and placed the modem in the first available space ie the laundry. 

Everyone is supposed to be able to access this setup via wifi.  I was given the name to use and a password. 
I duely after some thought set it up.  the first few times I tried it it was great.
I did not disconnect my Telstra connection. 

Now I have discovered that Starling is only active if the original person is home and his computer is on.  That is usually weekends.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not .

i have tried disconnecting and re connecting  it just is not doing what it was said to. 

Is this because My computer is different to his.  could it not be properly recognising my computer. Is it set up correctly.

Anyone know anything about the Starlink setup.

Essnell.

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Starlink problems
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 March 24 08:26 GMT (UK) »
Whilst your waiting for a reply, just a quick heads up that set up istructions are ready available on the internet.
Enter Starlink Australia setup in your search and loads of help available including YouTube video.
 Brian
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire