Author Topic: Danygraig Cemetery, Port Tennant  (Read 113 times)

Offline Pebble351

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Danygraig Cemetery, Port Tennant
« on: Monday 18 March 24 10:11 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if there's anyone who might be kind enough to photograph three graves for me in this cemetery if they happen to be up that way? One grave may have a headstone, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there's none on any of the three graves. But even just a photo of the plot with some background in it (so we can identify it if we visit) would be really nice to have.

Plot 4 O (containing Ellen Foley, Michael Foley, Rose McCarthy and Mary Agnes McCarthy)
Plot 24 O (containing Anistatia McCarthy and two unknown infants)
Plot 275S (containing Robert McCarthy and two unknown adults)

I can't tell you how appreciative I would be if someone is able to do this for me.

Offline bevbee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Danygraig Cemetery, Port Tennant
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 March 24 14:55 GMT (UK) »
It's very difficult to work out the numbers in Danygraig, but my son and I walked the two sections this week without any luck in finding stones for the people you mentioned.

The Supervisor wasn't there so I couldn't ask, but I'm pretty sure we didn't miss anything.

If you do want to visit, contact the Supervisor in advance -  (number and cemetery plan on this link)

https://www.swansea.gov.uk/danygraigcemetery?lang=en

- I've always found them very helpful.

:)

Ambrose; Llandilofawr, Pennsylvania.
Grindley; Llandilofawr, Ohio, Louisiana, Washington DC.
Rees(e); Pennsylvania.
Lewis, Llandilofawr.

Offline Pebble351

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Danygraig Cemetery, Port Tennant
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 March 24 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hugely grateful to you for trying. I thought there may not be headstones, but I thought there might be a marker or something. But no problem. Thank you so much for trying. I'm truly grateful. x