Author Topic: Charles Thomas Donbavand, born 1853, Manchester, Lancashire  (Read 449 times)

Offline Special Needs Girl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Thomas Donbavand, born 1853, Manchester, Lancashire
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 10:20 GMT (UK) »
I am more confused than “confused.com” over this family and have been for years.

In 1871 both Alice and Annie are with their mother’s sister Jane Davies and her husband Richard Dawson at 53, Stott Street, Hulme.

This is the Annie who went to America and married George Slatford. The marriage details state that her parents are George Donbavand and Elizabeth Davis (without the “e”).
This was confirmed on the post re Annie.

Alice married Robert Crabtree after her sister Mary Jane died. Robert Crabtree was married to Mary Jane Donbavand.

Sarah Elizabeth Donbavand married Mark Ryder.

The census for 1861 gives Ann E as 4 years of age.  I am now wondering if this is Annie and she is actually 4 months old.

However there is a baptism for Hannah, born 4th August 1857 and baptised 2nd May 1858 in St George’s Hulme.

I have just found this entry for the baptism of Maria : https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F3%3A1%3AS3HY-6P1P-ZS%3Fcc%3D1788853&parentid=R_102734857996

She was baptised on 11th February 1849 in All Saints, Chorlton upon Medlock

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Thomas Donbavand, born 1853, Manchester, Lancashire
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 10:39 GMT (UK) »
I wondered that at first - should she be 4 months old but then you have Elizabeth’s death a year previously.

The girls ages might be reversed in 1871 with their aunt.

The Annie E  I found was 23 yrs in 1881.

You say you once had the birth certificate for Annie E but it is mislaid. Can you find a birth in the records though, as I can’t yet?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk