Author Topic: Rose family of Upper Winchendon and Adams family of Waddesdon  (Read 133 times)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Rose family of Upper Winchendon and Adams family of Waddesdon
« on: Tuesday 19 March 24 12:06 GMT (UK) »
I am as sure as I can be, given how common the names are in the area, that I descend from John Rose and Mary Adams who married at St Mary's, Aylesbury on 6 Sep 1744.  Mary was shown as 'of Waddesdon' and the marriage was by licence.  I have a number of DNA matches that appear to link back to this couple.

I believe Mary was the daughter of William and Mary baptised 11 Aug 1725 at Waddeson but there is another Mary Adams who marries Christopher Watson in Waddesdon on 23 Nov 1758 so she might not be.

I have another DNA match whose tree traces back to Joseph Rose born 1750 Cuddington who I believe is a son of John Rose and Mary Adams.  I have no other details about Joseph other than a possible death in 1796 in Upper Winchendon but my DNA match has him marrying Sarah Read in Upper Winchendon in 1775 and appears to link to me via Joseph and Sarah's son Joseph apparently baptised 31 March 1779 Upper Winchendon.

I would be very grateful for any information about these families, as other than various family trees, I cannot find any records for them online.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rose family of Upper Winchendon and Adams family of Waddesdon
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 10:38 GMT (UK) »
I note on Ancestry John & Mary had the following children baptised  at Waddesdon, Buckingham

Rebecca Rose 28 Sep 1757
Edwd. Rose 15 Jan 1758
Eliz. Rose 1760
Sarah Rose 11 Feb 1761
George Rose 5 Jan 1763

A John Rose & Mary had two children baptised in Wexham, Buckingham
Anne 1745 & William 27 Mar 1757, so I assume not the same couple?

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Re: Rose family of Upper Winchendon and Adams family of Waddesdon
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Other researchers also have the following children of John and Mary
William 1744 bp Waddesdon DNA connection
John 1745 bp Waddesdon
Mary 1748 bp Cuddington
Joseph 1750 bp Cuddington
James 1754 bp Cuddington
Ann 1765 no baptism found - I have a DNA match
Jane 1768 bp Cuddington - my ancestor

I also have a DNA connection to Rebecca Rose 1757, Edward Rose 1758 and Sarah Rose 1761.
This leads me to believe that the John and Mary who baptised children at Waddesdon are also the parents of the children baptised at Cuddington.

I don't think the couple at Wexham are the same couple.

Gill

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)