Author Topic: If an Englishman drowned off the coast of France, where was his death registered  (Read 1040 times)

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: If an Englishman drowned off the coast of France, where was his death registered
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 23 March 24 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Works for me! www.haguemarine.fr
Maybe it's your browser?

But then, technically I'm not in UK either ;)
(I'm in Isle of Man)

Briefly worked and now I’m getting Forbidden - ‘Sorry, your request cannot be accepted.’ Have tried 4 different browsers!
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline nicdigby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: If an Englishman drowned off the coast of France, where was his death registered
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 23 March 24 17:56 GMT (UK) »
My apologies .

here's Alexander Etheridge in the death decenal tables in Auderville.

You can ask the mairie for his certificate ( not on line yet)

First name and surname are inverted, he is to be searched with the surname Alexandre.

Fabulous, thank you. Can you tell me who created these tables originally, and what the name of the archives are? Also do you have a link to the online version of the photo of his death record please?

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 23 March 24 18:07 GMT (UK) »
This is where joger found Alexander in the tables décennales (10-year tables) for Auderville.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01t2o/
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 23 March 24 20:03 GMT (UK) »
The decennal tables for births , marriages and death are compulsory since the Revolution .

Alexander Etheridge's  death is in the decennal tables of Auderville  (1913-1922)  department La Manche, 9 april 1915 ( on line) and his death certificate ( acte de décès) is in the deaths register of Auderville 9 april 1915 ( not on line yet) . So you will have to ask for a copy of the acte de décès (Auderville's mairie ), and ask for the death of Etheridge ALEXANDRE ( he is registered as if his surname was Alexandre).

Madame , monsieur ,
Pouvez-vous me faire parvenir la copie de l'acte de décès  survenu le 9 avril 1915 , d'ALEXANDRE Etheridge ? Il est en effet enregistré ainsi dans les tables décennales , bien que son identité ait
 été Alexandre ETHERIDGE , nom et prénom ont été inversés à l'époque.

En vous remerciant , je vous prie d'agréer madame, monsieur , mes sincères salutations.

Give your address and email, some mairies send the certificates by mail but some don't.

Mairie d'Auderville
68 rue de l'église
50440 LA HAGUE

Offline nicdigby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 23 March 24 22:31 GMT (UK) »
The decennal tables for births , marriages and death are compulsory since the Revolution .

Alexander Etheridge's  death is in the decennal tables of Auderville  (1913-1922)  department La Manche, 9 april 1915 ( on line) and his death certificate ( acte de décès) is in the deaths register of Auderville 9 april 1915 ( not on line yet) . So you will have to ask for a copy of the acte de décès (Auderville's mairie ), and ask for the death of Etheridge ALEXANDRE ( he is registered as if his surname was Alexandre).

Madame , monsieur ,
Pouvez-vous me faire parvenir la copie de l'acte de décès  survenu le 9 avril 1915 , d'ALEXANDRE Etheridge ? Il est en effet enregistré ainsi dans les tables décennales , bien que son identité ait
 été Alexandre ETHERIDGE , nom et prénom ont été inversés à l'époque.

En vous remerciant , je vous prie d'agréer madame, monsieur , mes sincères salutations.

Give your address and email, some mairies send the certificates by mail but some don't.

Mairie d'Auderville
68 rue de l'église
50440 LA HAGUE

Many thanks

Offline nicdigby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 23 March 24 22:31 GMT (UK) »
This is where joger found Alexander in the tables décennales (10-year tables) for Auderville.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01t2o/

Thank you  :)