Author Topic: HELP PLEASE  (Read 371 times)

Offline Anniebc44

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HELP PLEASE
« on: Tuesday 26 March 24 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=874570.msg7463467#msg7463467

If we have DNA MATCHES probably 2nd to 3rd cousin 4% DNA and 285 cM, through Jack Martin, what relative of their’s should i be concentrating on?
Annie

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 March 24 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Annie, I was going to suggest that If the DNA links are all to the Black family, that you may not be looking for Jack Martin at all, and that the mother possibly gave a false name for the father of the child.

However, if you have found Jack at that address in 1933, this suggestion is incorrect, but Jack must be related to the Black family in some way.

I can't find him in Cheetham Hill in 1933, however. Have you got any further details about this? Or any details regarding the Black family?

You would be looking for common great grandparents or greatgreat grandparents as common ancestor, if looking at 2nd/3rd cousin.

Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Anniebc44

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 March 24 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Thank you for your reply.
I will send you more information in the morning.
Moishe Black and wife Freya Black nee Frankel.
He was a carrier based at the address but bankrupt around 1921.
His family Solomon and Rachel were also on the Electoral Roll 1933, at the address along with Jack Martin.
Thank you
Annie