Author Topic: Latin inventory 1352 Somerset England  (Read 493 times)

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Latin inventory 1352 Somerset England
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 March 24 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Part 2

6  [Item] p(re)sent(ant) q(uo)d Will(elmu)s de Iforde h(ab)et de bon(is) eiusdem Rob(er)ti D CCC libr(as) ut in auro argento vas(is) aureis

7  et argent(is) et alijs bon(is) & catall(is)

8  It(e)m p(re)sent(ant) q(uo)d Rob(er)tus le Clerk de Eston h(ab)et de bon(is) p(re)d(ic)ti Rob(erti) D. ove(s) p(re)c(ii) L li(brarum) duo plaustra cu(m) [eorum?] appa[-]

9  ratu prec(ii) lx s(olidorum) xij lone[…] et suu(m)[?] auri[…] prec(ii) x li(brarum) et alia bona et cat(alla) ad val(enciam) xl libr(arum)

10  Item pres(entatum) est p(er) Jur(atores) de Keynesham q(uo)d Joh(ann)es Pount[?] h(ab)et div(er)sa bona et catalla Rob(er)ti Gyen ad valen(ciam) C. libr(arum)

11  I(te)m pres(entatum) est q(uo)d Rob(er)tus le Wh[…] h(ab)et de bon(is) Rob(er)ti Gyen vid(e)l(icet) v boves prec(ii) C. s(olidorum) v vaccas et unum taurum

12  prec(ii) xl s(olidorum) 1 par […] ferr’ legat’ p(re)cii ij m(a)rc(arum) iiij catenas ferri p(re)cii viij s(olidorum) 1 par de Anndirnes prec(ii) ix s(olidorum) 1 ollam eneam

13  p(re)c(ii) xx s(olidorum) 1 lectu(m) p(re)c(ii) C. s(olidorum) 1 Juventu(m)[?] p(re)c(ii) xviij s(olidorum)

=====

Item, they present that William de Iforde has from the goods of the same Robert £800, in gold, silver, gold and silver vessels, and other goods and chattels.

Item, they present that Robert le Clerk of Easton has from the goods of the aforesaid Robert: 50 sheep, price £50; two carts with their gear, price 60 shillings; 12 […] and their[?] […], price £10; and other goods and chattels, to the value of £40.

Item, it was presented by the jurors of Keynsham that John Pount[?] has various goods and chattels of Robert Gyen to the value of £100.

Item, it was presented that Robert le Wh[…] has from the goods of Robert Gyen, namely: 5 oxen, price 100 shillings, 5 cows and one bull, price 40 shillings; 1 pair of iron-bound […], price 2 marks; 4 iron chains, price 8 shillings; 1 pair of andirons, price 9 shillings; 1 brass pot, price 20 shillings; 1 bed, price 100 shillings; 1 bullock[?], price 18 shillings

=====

Part 3 requires yet more time.

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 29 March 24 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Part 3

14  It(e)m pres(entatum) est q(uo)d Will(elmus) de Iforde p(er)ven(it)[?] apud Waynefleyte[?]* postqu(am) bona et catall(a) Rob(er)ti Gyen forisf(a)cta fuer(unt) et sex

15  equos ponderat(os) de auro et argento ad […] et valenc(iam) quadringenta(rum) libra(rum) de bon(is) et cat(allis) Rob(er)ti Gyen ibidem

16  […]epit et ab eodem loco usq(ue) London […] Pelh(a)m iux(ta) London abduxit in pre[…]d[…] domini Regis

17  It(e)m pres(entatum) est q(uo)d Joh(anne)s de Iford Prior de Bath(oni)e h(ab)et de bon(is) et catall(is) Rob(er)ti Gyen ad valenc(iam) C. li(brarum)

18  […] Prioris de Bath(oni)e et Joh(ann)es de Sobbury Joh(ann)es Beket Joh(ann)es Pederton[?] Hen(ricus) de Forde Joh(ann)es de Aston et […]

19  […] Joh(ann)es Per[…]et Joh(ann)es Hankyn Joh(ann)es Chamberleyn

=====

Item, it was presented that William de Iforde arrived[?] at Waynefleyte[?]*, after the goods and chattels of Robert Gyen had been forfeited, and he took away six horses laden with gold and silver to the […] and value of £400 from the goods and chattels of Robert Gyen there […], and […] from the same place as far as London, […] Pelham near London, to the […] of the Lord King.

Item, it was presented that John de Iforde, Prior of Bath, has from the goods and chattels of Robert Gyen to the value of £100.

[…] of the Prior of Bath, and John de Sodbury[?], John Beket, John Pederton[?], Henry de Forde, John de Aston and […]
[…] John Per[…], John Hankyn, John Chamberleyn.

* this place is in Lincolnshire, so perhaps an incorrect reading.

=====

Far too many gaps to be of much use, but I'm afraid I can't spend any longer. Others may be able to help.

Offline angelaus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 29 March 24 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Part 3

14  It(e)m pres(entatum) est q(uo)d Will(elmus) de Iforde p(er)ven(it)[?] apud Waynefleyte[?]* postqu(am) bona et catall(a) Rob(er)ti Gyen forisf(a)cta fuer(unt) et sex

15  equos ponderat(os) de auro et argento ad […] et valenc(iam) quadringenta(rum) libra(rum) de bon(is) et cat(allis) Rob(er)ti Gyen ibidem

16  […]epit et ab eodem loco usq(ue) London […] Pelh(a)m iux(ta) London abduxit in pre[…]d[…] domini Regis

17  It(e)m pres(entatum) est q(uo)d Joh(anne)s de Iford Prior de Bath(oni)e h(ab)et de bon(is) et catall(is) Rob(er)ti Gyen ad valenc(iam) C. li(brarum)

18  […] Prioris de Bath(oni)e et Joh(ann)es de Sobbury Joh(ann)es Beket Joh(ann)es Pederton[?] Hen(ricus) de Forde Joh(ann)es de Aston et […]

19  […] Joh(ann)es Per[…]et Joh(ann)es Hankyn Joh(ann)es Chamberleyn

=====

Item, it was presented that William de Iforde arrived[?] at Waynefleyte[?]*, after the goods and chattels of Robert Gyen had been forfeited, and he took away six horses laden with gold and silver to the […] and value of £400 from the goods and chattels of Robert Gyen there […], and […] from the same place as far as London, […] Pelham near London, to the […] of the Lord King.

Item, it was presented that John de Iforde, Prior of Bath, has from the goods and chattels of Robert Gyen to the value of £100.

[…] of the Prior of Bath, and John de Sodbury[?], John Beket, John Pederton[?], Henry de Forde, John de Aston and […]
[…] John Per[…], John Hankyn, John Chamberleyn.

* this place is in Lincolnshire, so perhaps an incorrect reading.

=====

Far too many gaps to be of much use, but I'm afraid I can't spend any longer. Others may be able to help.

Oh my goodness, thank you so much!  I am making a list of the abbreviated words, so that I recognize them better in the rest of the documents.  I really appreciate you taking so much time to do this. 

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 29 March 24 17:20 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome. I will come back to it if I find I can fill any of the gaps.