Author Topic: Ann Lowe - Honiley  (Read 132 times)

Offline Zakerias

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Lowe - Honiley
« on: Friday 29 March 24 11:21 GMT (UK) »
First off, I want to say how grateful I am to anyone who responds to these topics. This community has helped me progress my family tree further than I thought possible.

Anyway, back to the meat of the topic, of which I have posted about before (2 years previously):
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=862038

I'm still no further with finding the parent's of Ann Lowe (nee Mumford). One thing I did notice more recently is I'd assumed her death in 1870 (she not present with her husband Joseph Lowe and son William in the 1871 census). Strangely enough, Joseph is listed as married not as a widow in the 1871 census. Joseph died in 1873.

I can confirm the following are NOT the correct Ann Lowe (all Solihull district, as this is where Joseph's death was registered):
  • Ann Lowe - 1862 (wife of William Lowe)
  • Ann Lowe - 1870 (wife of John Lowe)
  • Mary Ann Lowe - 1872 (wife of Thomas Lowe)

I wondered if anyone on here could find any possibilities? I'll obviously be willing to verify via GRO.

I also have strange suspicions that, as I can't find her parents, maybe Mumford wasn't correct - perhaps Monford, Monfort, Mountford, something like that.. Maybe that's not helpful but just a thought.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Lowe - Honiley
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 March 24 11:44 GMT (UK) »
To help with search - further info as follows

Lowe/Mumford marriage was 1850 Warwickshire

If Joseph is the 1873 death Solihull he was 60 so b 1813

1861 shows Ann aged 39 b Balsall & they were living in the Solihull RD in 1861

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Zakerias

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 March 24 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Just wanted to say that I think the Oct 1873 death for Joseph is correct. On the death cert the profession is Farm Labourer, which is a match and his son William is present at the death. There's a baptism in Honiley for a Joseph Lowe in 1812, parents are William and Ann.

In 1871 and 1861 they have the address of Meer End, which is just up the road from Honiley.

There's a burial for a Joseph Lowe @ Honiley in 1873, so I'm guessing this is him:
https://www.swfhs.org.uk/index.php/cofe-records/parish-burial-records/burials-master-index-2022

Still nothing on Ann, I find it hard to believe she just disappeared!

Offline Zakerias

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 March 24 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Pressed quote instead of modify.