Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 7th April 2024  (Read 1301 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 7th April 2024
« on: Monday 01 April 24 09:45 BST (UK) »
Here we are again onto another week

Strong sun out this morning but it is quite chilly, nothing going on today, just a usual Monday,  bank Holidays make no difference now we are retired,  my daughter and family are away so we won't have visitors today.

It has been very quiet  locally but it has been too cold for people to sit outside, not that I sit in the garden very much.

Enjoy your day everyone.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 7th April 2024
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 April 24 11:16 BST (UK) »
Very wet here LM.
I'm feeling remorseful that I missed Church yesterday and didn't cut the grass either yesterday.  Wish I could turn the clock back and do better.  No crying over spilt milk, I suppose.  I am crying a bit about it though, metaphorically.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 April 24 11:27 BST (UK) »
Don't worry about not attending the chuch, you can catch up when you are feeling  able, sure you will  be forgiven,  must say I am sure most of our congregation turned  up on time although half way through I did hear the door, didn't know who it was but they came, that hour I find killing, had a restless night so as to be up on time yesterday and another  restless night last night, hopefully back to normal tonight although I don't have much sleep at times but I must get enough to function.
Take care

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 April 24 13:56 BST (UK) »
I hope you sleep better tonight LM.
Yes, I'll be forgiven.  God certainly has to put up with a lot from me. Good thing salvation does not depend on our being good enough! :D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 April 24 14:06 BST (UK) »
We  can but try.
LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 02 April 24 09:15 BST (UK) »
A beautiful Spring morning here and they say the fine weather will last till this afternoon, when rain comes back.  Our country roads are flooded, well it doesn't take long for them to flood, as there are no drains or ditches in some of them.

I am off with a group of ladies to visit the local food bank, which opens twice a week.  I always put something into the collection at my local supermarket, usually tinned stuff that can be eaten without heating - tuna, fruit, etc., because there are some people who can't even afford to use gas/electricity to heat food.  What a dreadful state we are in, when so many are needing help to provide for their families.  I hasten to add that we are not going to the food bank to pick up stuff for ourselves, but to see how it works.  I expect they will be hoping to recruit volunteers, too.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 02 April 24 09:53 BST (UK) »
Morning all
When we had a recruitment drive for volunteers at a food bank, they also appealed for tin openers to be gifted as some brands of tinned food didn’t have the ring pull things on them and folk often didn’t possess a tin opener, especially if they were homeless or sofa surfing. I notice some of my own purchases of tinned fruit, rice pudding and tuna don’t come with ring pulls still (I’m in the uk).
North East of England

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 05 April 24 22:38 BST (UK) »
I managed to catch the local flu bug which has laid me out for the best part of a fortnight. There are some days at the beginning that I have no recollection of at all. I’m feeling quite a lot better but have no appetite and have lost quite a lot of weight. However today I’ve managed a bowl of cereal with sultanas, a ham roll and some ginger cake so I feel I’m on the mend. I’ve just kept drinking water, I even went off coffee for a bit!

I missed the Easter services completely but I’m hoping to make it to church on Sunday.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 06 April 24 08:37 BST (UK) »
Oh Gibel
So sorry you have been laid low, there seems to be all sorts of colds going around,  yesterday on the bus the man behind me sneezed 3 times he must have  thought I was completely mad as I quickly  got my handkerchief out to cover my mouth and nose, I don't want a cold to pass on to my husband who is more vulnerable  than I am.

I haven't  been here much  this week, been in and out every day, hoping  for a quieter week next week, plus my mobile phone has completely  died on me, even the man in the shop couldn't wake it up,  my daughter gave it to me so I supposed it was near its end anyway but just didn't want to get another one.

Take care everyone

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London