Author Topic: Mc Cabe family Rockville Street Belfast.  (Read 6712 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mc Cabe family Rockville Street Belfast.
« Reply #154 on: Sunday 28 April 24 14:31 BST (UK) »

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Sunday 28 April 24 14:44 BST (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Gerry Burroughs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Sunday 28 April 24 15:17 BST (UK) »
After all that Eilish is reminds me the census says she was single. I tried to put a picture of Annie’s grave site with the large tree right in the centre of it but I have exceeded the limit for posting of it. I have asked Jim Herlihy if he can get further information on the whereabouts of the burial of James Mc Cabe RIC .
History. Militaria.

Offline Gerry Burroughs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Sunday 05 May 24 19:48 BST (UK) »
We have located Mary (Mc Cabe/Mc Kee in the Milltown Cemetery. The heading on the headstone is Mc Kee Mc Cabe. Underneath this is  In loving Memory of
 May (Mary) the dearly beloved sister of John and Kathleen. Died 17th Dec 1960.
No surname of either Mc Kee or Mc Cabe is used. We were told that the person who purchased the grave was her sister Kathleen (Kitty) Mc Kee . We have been told there is a total of 4 people in the grave but it’s not Eilish’s grandad and his wife Alice. So to find out who is in there we had to pay £25 for the complete search which we should have by Tuesday. I will update the story then. Our next step will be to locate Eilish’s grandmother and her husband John Mc Cabe who buried his mother Annie in the Belfast City Cemetery.
History. Militaria.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday 07 May 24 15:07 BST (UK) »
GRONI's site is back online again and here's Mary's death registration under McKee-
D/1960/82/1007/11/444   Mary   McKee   17th December 1960   67      Female   Belfast
Also searched with surname McCabe in case both names appear on registration but only McKee comes up.

Offline Gerry Burroughs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday 07 May 24 15:47 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for that as we don’t have anything back from Milltown about who actually is in the grave and we were wondering who is using the name Mc Kee or Mc Cabe since the headstone has Mc Kee/Mc Cabe ?? Annie’s grave in the City Cemetery which is literally a few minutes away on the other side of the  with a large tree in the middle !! We are going back to measure the circumference of the tree and dividing whatever it is by the recommended 2.5 to get a rough idea of its age for someone dying in 1936. Will let you know how we get on. Eilish thinks that John James Mc Cabe and his wife Alice are in a separate grave either in Milltown or in the City Cemetery. John James according to Eilish must have died 1953-1969 . We in 1962 and I remember meeting Alice her granny then but not John James. Alice must have died around 1967 as we got married then and she wasn’t at the wedding. It could be Eilish’s dad’s sister Eileen and her husband Michael Mc Cullough are buried with the 2 sisters May and Kitty Mc Kee. So really the headstone of Mc Kee/Mc Cabe doesn’t reflect who is in it. ??
History. Militaria.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday 07 May 24 16:31 BST (UK) »
Belfast City Cemetery burials will be searchable here-
https://online.belfastcity.gov.uk/find-burial-records/

Possibilities?
Alice McCabe, age 74, died 20 May 1966
John McCabe, age 75, died 1 Jun 1966

Added- this site also good-
https://discovereverafter.com/

Offline Gerry Burroughs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 17:01 BST (UK) »
At last confirmation of the people in the grave in Milltown.
    Lease was to Kathleen Mc Kee. Thought they could provided an address but will call and see them if there is one.
Note the age quoted are a mile out.
Mary (May) Mc Kee died Royal Victoria Hospital Age 67
Burial 19 Dec 1960
Kathleen Mc Kee (Kitty) died Royal Victoria Hospital Age 91
Burial burial 20th March 1988
 John James Mc Cabes daughter Kathleen Mc Cullough nee Mc Cabe died
Beaconsfield Nursing Home.Burial 6th April 1991
Her Husband Michael Mc Cullough died City Hospital age 93 on the 23rd March 1999.
Well we know for sure that the girls preferred the name Mc Kee !! and their brother used Mc Cabe. 
Eilish my wife thinks her Gran Alice Mc Cabe may have survived her husband by quite a bit !! The other bit of information we got was Alice had 2 sisters one was married to a Duffy and lived in Rockville Street where she died and another called Maggie who lived in Iveagh Street and wasn’t married. Where they buried with Alice their sister?? and John James is buried elsewhere??? but that’s muddying the waters so we will asked the office at Milltown to check out if they have both buried together???
History. Militaria.