Author Topic: Thomas Bee  (Read 993 times)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Bee
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 06 April 24 14:03 BST (UK) »
Believe by 1911 scottish census he's in East lothian,not sue who's with him though

Without seeing the original it looks like it might be a school or some other institution.  All others with the same reference number are young boys including an Andrew BEE aged 7.

Debra  :)

Offline Caitpaige24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 07 April 24 07:09 BST (UK) »
Believe by 1911 scottish census he's in East lothian,not sue who's with him though

Without seeing the original it looks like it might be a school or some other institution.  All others with the same reference number are young boys including an Andrew BEE aged 7.

Debra  :)

I will have to look into it.
For now I've ordered a copy of his original marriage certificate to Dorothy which should hopefully give me either his Date of birth or age at time of marriage. Should also hopefully have his father's name which will help me narrow down the search a bit. But will definitely note this down as a possibility of it being the Thomas I'm looking for.

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 07 April 24 07:31 BST (UK) »
Glad you have ordered the marriage certificate. Please do let us know the details. Am I right in thinking that Thomas left the family home at some point and no details of his death are known

SS

Offline Caitpaige24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 07 April 24 07:37 BST (UK) »
Glad you have ordered the marriage certificate. Please do let us know the details. Am I right in thinking that Thomas left the family home at some point and no details of his death are known

SS

They estimated that the certificate will take up to 15 days to arrive so will definitely update when it arrives.

Yes he left the family home at some point. We think it must have been sometime after his last child with Dorothy was born (Lena in 1938ish)
We're not sure if Dorothy kicked him out or if he left on his own accord. My gran (Mrtyle, Thomas's daughter) was never super clear on what happened.

We also don't know when he passed. We can't find a death certificate for him. We're not sure if he stayed in England when he left the family or if he moved back to Scotland possibly.

Offline Caitpaige24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 15 April 24 11:07 BST (UK) »

SS

Just Updating. The marriage certificate has arrived.
We know that in 1925 Thomas Andrew Bee (aged 24) Married a Dorothy Rouse (aged 21) in Aldershot, Hampshire.

At the time of his Marrige he lived in the Beaumont Barricks Aldershot and She lived in Hale, Farnham.

His job listed is Trooper 1st Royal Dragoon.
His Dad is listed as Thomas Bee
(Which I guess now means we have a Thomas Bee Jr and a Thomas Bee Sr)

-Cait.

Offline Caitpaige24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 15 April 24 11:08 BST (UK) »
Just Updating. The marriage certificate has arrived.
We know that in 1925 Thomas Andrew Bee (aged 24) Married a Dorothy Rouse (aged 21) in Aldershot, Hampshire.

At the time of his Marrige he lived in the Beaumont Barricks Aldershot and She lived in Hale, Farnham.

His job listed is Trooper 1st Royal Dragoon.
His Dad is listed as Thomas Bee
(Which I guess now means we have a Thomas Bee Jr and a Thomas Bee Sr)

-Cait.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 15 April 24 11:40 BST (UK) »
The one born in 1900 would have been 24 in most of 1925.

396795 Thomas Bee, born Laurieston, Edinburgh, aged 21 years 11 months, enlisted in the Royal Tank Corps on 14 November 1921 at Edinburgh. Previously 42650 Scottish Rifles, 1 year 131 days. Wife Dorothy. Married A'shot, child born 25.4.25. Discharged 13.11.33.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Caitpaige24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 15 April 24 11:51 BST (UK) »
The one born in 1900 would have been 24 in 1925.

396795 Thomas Bee, born Laurieston, Edinburgh, aged 21 years 11 months, enlisted in the Royal Tank Corps on 14 November 1921 at Edinburgh. Previously 42650 Scottish Rifles, 1 year 131 days. Wife Dorothy. Married A'shot, child born 25.4.25. Discharged 13.11.33.

Hi,
Thanks for the info. Can I ask where you got it from?
-Cait

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 15 April 24 11:56 BST (UK) »
From regimental service records at FindMyPast.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.