Author Topic: Sarah King  (Read 312 times)

Offline Stewarty076

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sarah King
« on: Thursday 04 April 24 20:49 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I have a Sarah King whom was B)1770 Govan, Lanarkshire, Scotland she Married 15 Apr 1791  Glasgow, Scotland to James Robertson B)James Robertson, B) 1766 • Govan, Lanark, Scotland
But cannot find any other info on them.

All help and advice gladly received in advance

Gill
Stewart McGilp Gillies Haldane Sommerville Little Orr Mullen Robertson King Leckie Hutton McLaren McDonald Meason/Mason Morison Hamilton Stuart,

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah King
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 April 24 09:50 BST (UK) »
OPR indexes show various births to a couple with these names. Do you already have details of same?
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 April 24 11:33 BST (UK) »
Sarah & James had 8 children in the Glasgow, first Gorbals then Barony between 1792 & 1807.

Death records before statutory registration began in 1855 in Barony only
1805 – 1835. By then Sarah would be about 65.
I do not see a death for Sarah in the above period or on the 1841 census. However is the James I wonder (on freereg)?

1841 Laundressey Street, Barony

ROBERTSON   James   75   Grocer   Lanarkshire
ROBERTSON   Margaret   45      Lanarkshire
RUSSELL   William   40   Coal Miner   Lanarkshire
RUSSELL   Sarah   45      Lanarkshire
RUSSELL   Janet   15   Female Servant   Lanarkshire

Sarah’s eldest daughter below would be 49 in 1841; this would be rounded down to 45.

ROBERTSON MARGARET JAMES ROBERTSON/SARAH KING 16/04/1792   GORBALS

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 April 24 13:30 BST (UK) »
Sarah Russell, other name Robertson, mmn King, died in 1880 in Old Monkland - worth a look?

Sarah Robertson married William Russell in Gorbals in 1827. Looks like the rest of the household in that 1841 census.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Stewarty076

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 April 24 22:28 BST (UK) »
Hi all  Thank you for all the help it's greatly apricated. I've been out of the game for a while due to really really not being well and having spent a good bit of time, so my daughter has my log deets so she could if she wanted to find something on her family tree esp her fathers side (He passed away 6 yrs 4 mnts ago) I have her marriage to James Robertson and now what you's have given me but I cannot find her birth/death records

If anyone can find that it would be really really appreciated

Thank you in advance
Gill 
Stewart McGilp Gillies Haldane Sommerville Little Orr Mullen Robertson King Leckie Hutton McLaren McDonald Meason/Mason Morison Hamilton Stuart,