Author Topic: george h williams penygroes  (Read 324 times)

Offline collwyn ap tangno

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: george h williams penygroes
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 April 24 19:19 BST (UK) »
hi, I’m starting to get somewhere now. George h williams, son of thomas h williams( postman) son of george h williams ( postman) born 1850 llanllyfni. Still no link with my family tree.

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 April 24 09:31 BST (UK) »
Thomas Williams married Jane Hughes in Jul-Sep 1919 in Pwllheli District. It was a civil marriage.

Jane Hughes, daughter of William and Margaret Jane, was baptised in Llanfairfechan on 18th July 1898.

In 1901, they were at 3 Gwydr Terrace, Llanfairfechan.

In 1921, Thomas and Jane were living next door to Jane's parents. George Williams was lodging with Jane's parents.
You can see them on the index, together with the other Hughes family members.

The two marriage certificates for Thomas would help, but expensive involved.

David

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 April 24 13:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks David, I think I’ve got the Hughes family of Llithfaen now, I’m not descended from this line so don’t need to go any further. I’ve created a tree on ancestry to see if it matches with anyone else. So far there’s very little. It seems others have struggled. It seems I’m related to George H williams’ line, i.e his father’s first marriage, the Dna link suggests 2nd or 3rd cousin so I’m looking for someone in the first half of the 19th century. Probably George’s grand parent. I’ve got one,  another George h williams post office penygroes born 1850 who’s probably the son of Joseph Williams tailor born 1818.

I think I’ve made a wrong turn on the 1911 census, I had assumed that Jane Lloyd Williams named as George’s grandmother was on his mother’s side but she ( jane lloyd of llandwrog) is down as being married to John williams for only 12 years.  It would appear then that this is her second marriage and John Williams may not be George’s biological grandfather. George’s grandfather, another George is down as being married to a Jane Ll williams also of llandwrog.  The year of birth differs slightly but I think that this is what’s going on here. As i said, a lot to unpick!

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 April 24 00:37 BST (UK) »
hi, I think I’ve worked it out. I found one of george’s great grandparents was from Llanaelhaearn, a John Jones from Bryn gadfan. Next door is moelfre the home of David Jones my 3rd great grandfather. I’m guessing they’re closely related. 
Thanks for your help.