Author Topic: Cheshire Record Office: Creed Register Entry look up request  (Read 418 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cheshire Record Office: Creed Register Entry look up request
« on: Saturday 04 May 24 10:37 BST (UK) »
I am wondering if anyone might be going to Cheshire Record Office and might be willing to look up a  creed register entry for me?
This is potentially for my brick wall ancestor.  Things seem to fit but they are in a different area to what would have been expected.  I am hoping that something in the creed register might help confirm e.g. name of husband or next of kin perhaps.
I will supply more information on here if anyone is willing and might be able to help.  I know it is a longshot that someone might help but I am hoping.
Thank you for reading.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cheshire Record Office: Creed Register Entry look up request
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 May 24 09:03 BST (UK) »
Have you ever searched CPRDb - Cheshire Parish Records Database ???

https://cprdb.csc.liv.ac.uk/
click on database
baptism -
put surname in box then click search - it is a little difficult when you don't know how to use the site
feel free to post a name and place / year of birth and we may be able to find who you are looking for - good luck
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 May 24 09:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks Garstonite.  I have tried the link you have attached but there is no info on there relating to the person I am looking for.
The person I think may be my ancestor, 2x Grt Grandmother (Elizabeth Conroy) is already showing on Find A Grave at Overleigh Cemetery and she died in the workhouse in 1901. 
I think this person may be in the same area but not in the workhouse in 1901 census at Culpin Street under name of Elizth Conry.
Definite previous sighting I had of her was one week in the Tynemouth Workhouse in July 1900 and then she disappears! I know this last one was definitely her as her youngest son and his address was listed as nearest living relative and she was widow of James and RC  which is also correct.
I have no idea why she may have been in the Cheshire area.  But the 1901 death seems like the likeliest fit.  I am hoping something in creed register might help with ascertaining if this really might be her.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 May 24 10:49 BST (UK) »
I tried the Cheshire Workhouse records on FindMyPast but not found anything that looks like her

The F-A-G entry says she died 07 Sep 1901, so the only likely death reg is Q3 1901 Chester 8a 270 age at death 78

Ever nosey I got the digital image of the record in the hope it may help you to decide

Died: 7th Sept at the Workhouse, Hoole U.D.
Elizabeth Conroy, Female, aged 78 years, widow of Joseph Conroy, a private soldier, of 26 Cuppin Street, Chester
Cause of death: senile decay, haemoptysis, syncope, certified by A M Archer
Informant:Robert C Turner, Master, Workhouse, Hoole, registered 27 Sep 1901

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 May 24 11:06 BST (UK) »
Wow!  Thank you so much Boo!  Sadly, though this looks like not to be her.  At least it gets me off the wrong track which is a great thing.  My Elizabeth was married to James Conroy who died in 1876.   He was recorded as things such as a basket maker, besom maker, jobbing labourer and a hawker of earthernware and hawker of jewelry.  I have never seen his being recorded as a soldier.
The search goes on.
I really appreciate your help which has steered me off a wrong track.  This brickwall ancestor of mine is proving such a mystery!
Many Thanks Boo. :)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 May 24 17:53 BST (UK) »
do you have elizabeths maiden name - year and place of birth ?
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 May 24 17:59 BST (UK) »
do you have elizabeths maiden name - year and place of birth ?

Lots of information on this thread  :)
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=754306.msg6035075#msg6035075
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk