Author Topic: Look up for NSW Electoral rolls please  (Read 111 times)

Offline Emu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up for NSW Electoral rolls please
« on: Sunday 05 May 24 08:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am currently writing notes/story on my Irish convict ancestor James Egan. I am seeking info on NSW Electoral rolls, if someone has access to these?
I know James was working on a sheep/cattle Station "Kerribree" at Fords Bridge, NSW in 1903/04. I have also found a James Egan listed in 1913. Just wondering if someone can look into this please? If this is him, he would be 88 years old and after 1913, I would guess he was not around much longer. I cannot find any death info regards James. He was widowed for many years and lost his wide Sarah in 1865 and two babies also during the 1860's. James then fosters his 2 daughters and 2 sons (one son being my gr Grandfather) to families in the area where he was living in Victoria. At some point reunites with his eldest son in NSW, who was also named James Egan. Sadly this son dies aged 27 yrs and leaves a Will to convict James.
 I know James was living at "Kerribree" Station. Fords Bridge due to the paperwork regards Will. Also listed at "Glenora" Station in the same area. I have looked on TROVE and also in the area of Fords Bridge and Bourke NSW and cannot locate a death. I am inclined to think he met with fate and went missing.
Cheers,
Lesley  - Australia.
Bradley-Birmingham.ENG. Evans-Staffordshire ENG. Egan-Dublin IREL. McVeigh-Co.Armagh,IREL.Kuchler & Fehringer-Mannheim GERMANY.McGowan - Longford IRELAND. Evans - Welshpool WALES. Frenden-Stockholm, SWEDEN. Kimmorley, London ENG.

Offline Seelife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Look up for NSW Electoral rolls please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 May 24 11:35 BST (UK) »
I believe there is a previous thread to James than may add info
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=369443.0

And I guess you have all this.
https://convictrecords.com.au/convicts/egan/james/129706
Winn, Wynne, Wynd, Wind, Winde