Author Topic: Bones Purdy marriage help needed please to find the registration  (Read 782 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Bones Purdy marriage help needed please to find the registration
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 May 24 14:48 BST (UK) »
GRONI search up and running again. Agree, no obvious marriage in indexes. Mind you, not a wasted visit as noticed for Belfast they have a 1921 Mary Bones marriage which should probably be a Mary Bonar (and certainly indexed as, and certificate reads as that, on IrishGenealogy. Also, easy to find the likely Mary Bonar in 1911 census), so have sent a report suggesting they review the transcription.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 May 24 15:11 BST (UK) »
Unlikely, given you say Mary was born in 1902, but there was a Minnie Bones married a William H Liggett in Scotland in 1916. Three children born to marriage were dead by 1921 (recorded as Liggett on one and Leggett on two). As a very longshot, it might be worth a few SP credits to look at the marriage.

This Mary's husband might have been the William Henry Leggett who died in Calton district in 1922, aged 29.
No other trace of this Minnie Bones or Minnie Liggett/Leggett on Scotlandspeople indexes. The only index this Minnie's name appears on as Minnie Bones, being the 1916 marriage and under her married surname at 1921.

Seems to have been in her 30s at 1921, so have scored through above.

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 May 24 15:17 BST (UK) »
Neither Purdy not Bones listed in Valuation Revision Book for Knockboy (covering 1920-1929) but perhaps they either weren't there very long or stayed with someone else when William Purdy was born there in 1922.

Added- also not listed in Tullymore townland in same period.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 May 24 08:15 BST (UK) »
Do you know what age Minnie was when she died (does it agree with the 1902 birth)?

Just in case any Bones researcher happens upon this thread and see my earlier mention of a Minnie Bones in Scottish records, and by coincidence or otherwise, I noticed, (although it may or may not have been the Minnie who married William Liggett/Leggett in Lanark district in 1916), that a Minnie Bines (sic), with an address of Ballymena, signed the Ulster Covenant in 1912 in Lanarkshire (agent John Bones). Also signing the Declaration or Covenant in Lanarkshire, with a Ballymena address and same agent, were a John Bones, Maggie H Bones, Mary J Bones, Matthew Bones, Mrs Lizzie Bones and a Robert Bones.

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 14 May 24 02:00 BST (UK) »
 Thank you all for  the replies,
In answer to the above  questions.  I don't  know the given age of her when she died.
Minnie/ Mary died just, 34 years ago, on the 16 April 1990 in Waverley  Hospital ,  no age given (   death date is source  from the newspaper obituaries) . Wife of the late John of Tullymore. She was buried in  the cemetery Broughshane  (service to New Cemetery Broughshane) 
 Their son  William   was  the first birth cert I could   get  for all  their children's  exact birth date  and gave Mary's maiden name.  I am waiting until until the second  born child  birth  in 1925 is uncovered ,next year hopefully (  abt  birth year  is through his age in his marriage cert, and don't know  for 100 %  sure if this one is deceased).

I think  that there is a  very great possibility John may have  been  in Scotland  in the year of 1920, this is where it gets complicated, so didn't mention this below in my initial post, as I can't 100% prove it:

I personally think John hopped over to Scotland  for a time to work when he was a young man and would have been  in Scotland in 1920, but can't  100% prove it as there is lack of a paper trail for these years.

The reason for my belief that he may have been in Scotland in the year of 1920 , I  and my cousins have a DNA match in Scotland who matches to  both me and my 1st cousin, and my second  cousin (  who's
grandmother  is  John's and my gran's oldest sister) at a second cousin level to all 3 of us ( this is on myheritage),  Who is  100% definitely on our grandmother's side ( matches to all  our  lines on that side,  ie  both John's  maternal and paternal parents , and all our  known   1 second , and loads third and fourth  cousins and so on who are on myheritage from  John's  and  his siblings  lines, this particular match isn't on Ancestry ( where the other  second cousins are)
No disputing  our match has to come  from  one of  my grans and  her sisters  male siblings if this match is a second cousin .

They  only had two brother's  (John the oldest sibling) and the very youngest sibling ,who was far too young to father an illegitimate  child , he was only a baby in 1920, he was only born in 1919 ) . It only leaves John being the father if indeed this match  is a second cousin to us and her father is John's  illegitimate child ( which I think John is the father of her dad)

My  match  told me that her dad was illegitimate, and there is no father on his birth cert. Her father never knew who his father was,. He was raised by his mother,  and his mother never told him who his father was.. My match's father was born in the beginning of  1921 (March)  in exactly the same area in Scotland as John's  uncle  had emigrated to ( in Shotts , Lanarkshire) , and was living   at the time of  my match's father's birth . John's uncle was working in the mines there (John's maternal uncle, his mother's  brother)., and doubt very  much John's Uncle could possibly  be the father, because  my cousin's from that side  ( the uncle's  direct  descendants ) do not test  very high against the match they're only.50, 60, 70   odd and so on against the match , so  John's uncle is  definitely not the father. Where I am over 200cm and my first cousin, and second cousin are high 100s to this match  ( just under 200),- pointing to my match being  a second cousin  to us ( the match shares with both John's  maternal and paternal matches too)

My theory  is John  may have went to visit  his uncle  in Scotland for a short time when he was young man at 20 looking  for work, whether  it was for work in the mines with his uncle ( his uncle was a miner  in Scotland ), or whether  it was just  for a friendly  visit to his uncle, I don't  know., got a local Scottish lass pregnant,  abandoned her , and came running back home to Ireland.
He is not anywhere  in the 1921 Scottish census that I can find, and 100% not with his uncle in 1921( I have his uncle in the census) , so my guess he came back to  Ireland around the year  of 1921 .  I am guessing  he was over  there during  1920 visiting his uncle ( 1920 is when my match's father was conceived ).

I can't  prove it on any paper records that John went to  Scotland during this  short period of  time ,  but DNA and circumstances is pointing  to it.  So due to John's uncle who was living  in Scotland, and John may have had an illegitimate  child  in Scotland  who was born around the same area as his uncle  was living ,  I have searched  Scotspeople  for a marriage many times  between John  and Mary/ Minnie over the past  just in case for some reason John and Mary  married there, but  there seems to be no marriage there  between them at all either that I can find.

Perhaps he and Minnie never legally married, as I can't find a record of their marriage .

Kind regards

Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 14 May 24 09:18 BST (UK) »
Given your latest post, if it were me, even though I scored through my earlier post as being unlikely based on the 1921 census age, I think I would once again be curious enough to consider purchasing/using a few SP credits to have a look at both the 1916 marriage I mentioned and the 1921 census entry (in case the age on it was a mis-transcription).