Author Topic: Ideas on how to contact a distant Cousin  (Read 1785 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas on how to contact a distant Cousin
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 May 24 15:12 BST (UK) »
On my initial  research I contacted  one second cousin, didn't go down to well  even though I gave him a lot of information, but his brother contacted me, then his father who met me in London, his bother met me before, I reckon to "suss " me out, I was corresponding with the father right up until his death  as I did his son who sadly died  right at the beginning of covid, I miss them both as I did so much research and they were very interested, I have still  kept their interesting letters,  now no one else is interested and my interest has wained sadly,  fortunately for me the surname was unusual and I think now there is only 2 lads  left with that surname.

LM 
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline tornado

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 May 24 16:07 BST (UK) »
thanks for the advice from others who searched for Cousins , it is good to be creative I agree . Well done to you . As for Scotmum many thanks for all this help/research here . I would not have found any of this. "Do you know what area the Daughters may have been Born in ?". Then I can go on the BMD records . This is all exciting news so well done . best wishes.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 May 24 17:01 BST (UK) »
Although from 2009, given the mention of Cornwall and Portugal on the earlier notices posted, this may be connected:

https://funeral-notices.co.uk/notice/sharpe/2263269

A funeral director is mentioned - they may be willing, if contacted, to pass your details to any relevant person, saying you are researching Madeleine's line and believe she was a distant cousin and would be delighted to hear from them.

You now have names of the potential daughters too, so hopefully you eventually manage to connect with the family.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .