Author Topic: Looking for Passenger Lists/Arrival Records for Frederick Oskar Anderson  (Read 278 times)

Offline Ashtone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Passenger Lists/Arrival Records for Frederick Oskar Anderson
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 May 24 13:36 BST (UK) »
Looking for Passenger Lists/Arrival/Emigration Records for Frederick Oskar Anderson

Brian - Why didn't you indicate his actual name was Oskar Fredrik Johansson?  ::)  ::)   See Reply #7

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 May 24 15:24 BST (UK) »
His sister Amanda Lovisa also emigrated to America.

Ian

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 20 May 24 20:41 BST (UK) »
There's a tree for him on Family Search, consisting of about 24 records. It includes the Sweden-related records, as well.

For example, here's his 1870 birth record. You need to register and log in to view the record.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QRQH-8D3Z

Family Search is also good for US Passenger manifest records from around the turn of the century.

Looking for Passenger Lists/Arrival/Emigration Records for Frederick Oskar Anderson

Brian - Why didn't you indicate his actual name was Oskar Fredrik Johansson?  ::)  ::)   See Reply #7

Brian, I know that I’ve made a few mistakes on RootsChat (not including previous related posts, asking twice for something, etc.) so I do understand about making mistakes, but FamilySearch has been suggested to you in at least one recent thread as a good resource.  I hope you realize that by me also encouraging the use of FamilySearch first, I’m only trying to save time and effort made by others who are trying to help.   :)

Regarding Johansson/Anderson: perhaps a search had already been conducted for Johansson and you were hoping he sailed under the Anderson name?  Or, perhaps you accidentally mixed up the names?  Either way, checking a site (by you) prior to posting your question might have caught the possible name mix up or suggested the need for a wee bit of additional information for those trying to help.

I’m sure you value and are thankful for the help provided by others.  I also am very grateful for the time and effort given by others in my numerous posts.  ;D
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 20 May 24 23:42 BST (UK) »
When visiting RootsChat, I try to keep some thoughts to myself.  But, even though I’ve not personally chatted with most of the “frequent fliers” (those who are constantly helping)  ;D , I still feel like we are one big family.  Hence my typing fingers have taken over my politeness in refraining from making a comment.

I was curious about a couple of things and briefly looked at some of the poster’s previous threads.  A number of them seem to not have acknowledgement for help received.  It may simply be a case of the poster privately thanking those who helped (I’ve done that a couple of times).  If not, I hope there are reasons for seemingly ignoring the findings, such as being busy with family, unable to visit RootsChat on a regular basis, having other unexpected commitments, etc.

My apologies for speaking my mind.  If I’ve offended anyone, I am truly sorry.  Lisa

Added:  I’m done commenting here.  On to more important things.   :)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)