Author Topic: Myfanwy Davies, born around 1889-1892, WWA  (Read 280 times)

Online Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Myfanwy Davies
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 May 24 17:00 BST (UK) »
Believing her birth to be 22 Dec sometime between 1888 and 1892 (and probably registered in the Jan-Mar quarter) i have bought 2 digital images (one is the wrong date and wrong father if the info i have is correct) but the other is a mystery.

Myfanwy Davies, born 29 Jan 1890, Georgetown, Merthyr Tydfil, no father named (was '-' on the GRO so i was expecting that), mother Sarah Davies, seamstress. But the informant entry says: The mark of Sarah Davies, present at death, dated 27 Feb 1890. Now i guess Myfanwy may have died and her mother registered the birth and death at the same time - though there's no matching death record - but a strange entry nonetheless.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....