Author Topic: Bain / Baine / Eldred / Rose / Bedingfeld  (Read 70 times)

Offline Alilenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Bain / Baine / Eldred / Rose / Bedingfeld
« on: Monday 27 May 24 10:25 BST (UK) »
Sorry if asking in wrong section.

I am so lost with my family right now. I am trying to piece together whos who here.
I have that my 5th gr, grandmother was Mary Delitia / Delicia ROSE married Francis Philip BEDINGFELD in 1815 in Hastings, Sussex, England.

Mary was the daughter of Forrester ROSE and Mary BAIN / BAINE
Forrester and Mary had married in 1793 in Edinburgh, But sadly Mary BAIN died only a few yrs later in 1795. Then Forrester ROSE went onto marry a Mary THOMSON in 1798 in Inveresk and Musselburgh Parish.

But I am trying to work with the first wife Mary here (Mary BAIN / BAINE).
I believe her parents were Duncan BAIN / BAINE a doctor, and Ann ELDRED.
Ann ELDRED was registered in the Old Parish Registers for Edinburgh and she is buried in Greyfriers Cemetery with her daughter Ann (same headstone),
also at Greyfriers Cemetery is my Mary ROSE (nee BAIN / BAINE) that I've been chasing.

Also interestingly trying to sort out who an Isobel URQUHART is. Forrester ROSE had a son Bernard ROSE illegitimately with her. Her name at that time was Isobel BAIN (so I am wondering is she related to the same BAIN / BAINE family of Mary BAIN who had married Forrester ROSE. And this Isobel BAIN seems to have married at some time to a ?? URQUHART as she's mentioned in Forrester ROSE's will dated 1799 as being the mother of his son Bernard ROSE, who by this time Bernard ROSE was a Captain with the East India Company.

Forrester ROSE died in 1804.  He was of Olive Bank, Musselburgh but believe he may have died down in England somewhere???? As can find nothing on Scotlands People re death.
His wife Mary BAIN / BAINE has died in 1795 in Edinburgh.
          his son Bernard ROSE died in 1801 jn Futtyghur, India.

his daughter Mary Delitia / Delicia BEDINGFELD (nee ROSE) died in 1828 in Catsfield, Sussex.

And any info on the parents of Mary BAIN / BAINE being dr. Duncan BAIN and Ann ELDRED.
Would very much appreciate any help offered here. As I am banging my head with this family.
King, Bedingfeld, Hamilton, Lyons