Author Topic: Need Help in Vancouver Complete with many thanks  (Read 1658 times)

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
Need Help in Vancouver Complete with many thanks
« on: Tuesday 13 September 05 00:09 BST (UK) »
I have been looking for The T Edwards Co Ltd., 2590 Granville Street, Vancouver, B.C  They are the undertakers on ( 1st Cousin once removed) Thomas Stonehouses Death Cert. I was Hoping to email them to find out who next of kin were. I can not find them on Canada 411.ca. Is there any where else i can look?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help in Vancouver
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 02:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,

Maybe they do not exist anymore?  Perhaps you could call another funeral home and they could tell you what happened or if they exist, contact information.

Here's a link to a website that will find funeral homes in a specific area, there were 9 listed in Vancouver.

http://www.generations.on.ca/funeral.htm

Karen

Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 03:19 BST (UK) »
Thank-you. I now have the list so if i do not find anything soon i may have to ring around. It is a bit expensive to ring Canada from New Zealand. ???

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
and many more.

Offline Janed

• I am sorry but my email address has stopped working please contact support for help
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 05:17 BST (UK) »
I live in Vancouver, one block from Granville Street so I shall try to find the address. However it is a main artery through the city stretching from downtown out to the airport.  If the numbers have not changed it will be south of Granville Street bridge in a shopping area. If it still exists it has probably re located- I'll have a look.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 05:37 BST (UK) »
that would be Fantastic. I can not find them in any phone books.
Just a quick question the address on the death registration is that where they died or where they lived?

and many more.

Offline Janed

• I am sorry but my email address has stopped working please contact support for help
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 13:49 BST (UK) »
I don't know the answer but could look for the address if it is not too far away. The house could still be there. I am new to Vancouver and still finding my way so getting lost is a way of life. Anyway send me the address

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 21:49 BST (UK) »
The Address i have is  17 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver,B.C
Many Thanks

and many more.

Offline Janed

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 21:57 BST (UK) »
Okay I know where that is although I have not been to that area yet. Probably be next week before I can do so but I won't forget. Where in NZ are you. We used to live in CH CH

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 22:59 BST (UK) »
Northcote, North Shore City Auckland
Many Thanks

and many more.