Author Topic: Henry Johnston, Chelsea.  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Meliora

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Johnston, Chelsea.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 November 05 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Bob,

How frustrating, so near but so far.  Hope you get it fixed soon as I know you will like the sites.

good hunting

meliora
RIP 1927-2018

This information is Crown Copyright from National Archives.gov.uk

Offline Meliora

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 November 05 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Bob,

Just had a thought, try a different way.

Go to Google or simply type in Royal Military Asylum, Chelsea in your search space, click search or go.    You should get a list of options to view various websites.

Have a go !!!

Meliora
RIP 1927-2018

Offline SHOTLEY50

• RootsChat Member
  • DAD 1917 (KRRC)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 28 November 05 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello Meliora,
Still no joy. I emailed the RMA and they kindly gave me the info I was after.
So all ends well.
Thanks for all your help.
Regards,
Bob.
Roberts - Kent/Middx. Trow/Harris - Surrey. Johnston -Scotland, Lanarkshire, Barony (Glasgow). Brown - Buckinghamshire. Beale - Middx/Surrey. Hardwick - East London/Essex. Lambert - Norfolk/East London. Reddekopp - USA. Prescott - Berkshire/Ireland/Lincolnshire <br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SHOTLEY50

• RootsChat Member
  • DAD 1917 (KRRC)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 December 05 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello Meliora,
I would like to thank you and all others who gave me assistance and suggestions re my Great Uncle, Henry JOHNSTON. I contacted the Military Asylum Website, where I got initial information on his entry. I was advised to contact the Duke of York's Royal Military School at Dover who could possibly hold further records. I received a reply this week which included the original petition from my GGM for his admission to the Asylum. Plus Henry's Parents Marriage Certificate which I had been searching for the last couple of years, Baptism record of Henry and a sister, Mary Ann, (which I didn't know he had) who was born in Montreal, and date of birth of his elder brother, William.
Many thanks again, and Merry Xmas to all.
Bob.
Roberts - Kent/Middx. Trow/Harris - Surrey. Johnston -Scotland, Lanarkshire, Barony (Glasgow). Brown - Buckinghamshire. Beale - Middx/Surrey. Hardwick - East London/Essex. Lambert - Norfolk/East London. Reddekopp - USA. Prescott - Berkshire/Ireland/Lincolnshire <br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Meliora

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 24 December 05 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Well done, Bob,

What a great outcome.  After a great number of years researching I am still surprised t the wealth of records available if you only know where to look in the first place, you can go round & round in circles until someone gives you a nudge  & sends you off in a new direction to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  That's what Rootschat is all about, isn't it ?   Someone somewhere knows just where to look.

Don't stop now, keep on digging you never know what you will find.

Happy Christmas

Meliora
RIP 1927-2018