Author Topic: pre 1840 marriage  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • does my butt look big in this?
    • View Profile
Re: pre 1840 marriage
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 September 05 23:02 BST (UK) »
Good luck
I think the Gd or whatever could be the George you mention
KRs

Cal
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline nicky c

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 October 05 16:29 BST (UK) »
:) Hi Cheryl,
 found this site yesterday and have just entered our names interests and found that you are looking for almost the same family names in the same places!
we have got back to a  Joseph and Maryann who had Edmund George Webb aka George Webb1837, who had Joseph Webb who married Annie they had Joseph who married Charlotte who had Frederick who married dolly who had peter who married Marion who had ME!!!! Don't know whether this might make sense to you , we have lots of information about people in Britford Downton and live 5mi walk away from Britford and 5 miles from Downton, so if there is anything you need from here give me a shout and I will do my best.
Lets hope we can find a connection

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 October 05 16:34 BST (UK) »
 nice to  hear from you  Nicky.......The family that my John Webb comes from is as follows

In 1841 living in Downton.........In the house next door to Charlotte Musselwhite,her husband George and son Charles age one. By 1851 she was already living in the house of John Webb as his 'housekeeper' and husband George is no where to be seen,and by the 61 census she has now married John Webb and all her childen are now going by the name of Webb even though they seem to be all baptised in her name only during 1849 through to 1859.

I believe this is her new husbands family living next door to her in 41.......

William Webb     Thatcher  45
                        Elizabeth  Webb 30
                        John Webb    15 (John went on to be a thatcher) then went on to teach the trade to Henry Musselwhite( baptised Charlottes son) but definately his child ,my gggrandfather
                        James Webb  15

William Webb  10
                        Charles Webb  5
                        Elizbeth Webb  5
                         Alfred Webb     5
                         Edward Webb  2

Henry Webb     4

:)      Williams wife was Elizabeth Prince before she married and Charlotte Musselwhite was a King before she married George Musselwhite in 1836, and then went on to live with and then marry John Webb. it would be great to hear that i had finally found someone who has interests in the same families as me........will wait to hear from you to see if any of these names meant anything to you.

very best wishes cheryle.f 

mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk