Author Topic: Wyer  (Read 1741 times)

Offline cwyer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Wyer
« on: Thursday 15 September 05 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am doing research on the surname WYER in Norfolk from 1500s - present. Hope someone has the same interest as me.

Thank you.

Regards

Christopher Wyer

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Wyer
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 September 05 21:44 BST (UK) »
I used to go to school with Colin Wyer and a Shiela Wyer wrote a local history book in the late 1970s.

Im sure I have a cutting somewhere.

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline cwyer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 September 05 22:41 BST (UK) »
Hi "Teddybear"

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have heard of Sheila Wyer - was she from Hindringham? Who was Colin Wyer's parents if you don't mind me asking - was he from the Binham area?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Christopher Wyer

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 September 05 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hi there

Yes Shiela was from Hindringham and Colin was from out that way too.  He would be about 46 now.

Havent seen him in years though.

Best wishes.

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.