Author Topic: 1861 Yorkshire Indexing Project  (Read 4989 times)

Offline adamhalifax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1861 Yorkshire Indexing Project
« on: Thursday 12 August 04 08:28 BST (UK) »
I'm currently compiling a name index (name, age & area) for part of the 1861 yorkshire census and would like to hear from anyone who has transcribed info for any areas of Yorkshire, particularly for West Yorkshire. I've completed many areas of Halifax which I'll be putting online later this year (when the area's complete), but if you have indexed any of the 1861 Yorkshire areas, I'd love to hear from you.

If you have access to the 1861 census and would like to get involved with the indexing project, please get in touch.
Smith (Lincs), Crossley, Wadsworth, Jowett, Wilson (Finningley), Kershaw (Manchester), Swainson, Robinson, Holmes (Darley), Robertshaw, Thorp, Elliott, Daveney (Norfolk), Crabtree, Exley (Clayton West).

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Yorkshire Indexing Project
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Adam

Just interested to know if you have had any response to your post (by personal message for example)

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline adamhalifax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 December 04 08:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ticker,

I've had a very positive response to the project, I've been contacted by a couple of volunteers from Rootschat to help with the name indexing. The first lot will be online in the next few days (admittedly for West Yorks, rather than East Yorks). I'm hoping that once people see what we've achieved there may be more volunteers for indexing coming forward.

Regards,
Adam
Smith (Lincs), Crossley, Wadsworth, Jowett, Wilson (Finningley), Kershaw (Manchester), Swainson, Robinson, Holmes (Darley), Robertshaw, Thorp, Elliott, Daveney (Norfolk), Crabtree, Exley (Clayton West).

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 December 04 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Great news Adam

Thanks for the update

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk