Author Topic: My Surnames interests in Essex  (Read 4077 times)

Offline xjustjanex

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: My Surnames interests in Essex
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 October 05 13:33 BST (UK) »
Hi John
Dont know much about the Melbournes yet. All i know is that Elizabeth Melbourne married Joseph Perry in 1842 in Stebbing.
Elizabeth parents were Owen Melbourne and mother was Catherine nee Taylor. They were married in Stebbing around 1800. Elizabeth was their youngest child i believe. Thats all i know i'm afraid. Any connection?
Regards
Jane
norris. broadie.wright.day,taylor.wilkinson,mindenhall,bennett,rose,gower,boorman,perry,emery.mindenhall,levett,east,dodd,cutter,kilburn,netherway.

Offline molljohn

• RootsChat Member
  • ONE AND ALL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 October 05 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane
  Yes there is a connection ,but my findings give Elizabeth as the granddaughter of Owen and her father as William ,one of Owens eight children. My line runs from Owens son Joseph . If you have access to Ancestry .com there is a lot of info on the Stebbing Melbourne's with all their different spellings . This takes you back at least two generations -: Owens parents Joseph Millborn and Mary ,nee, Nash. Then Owens grandparents  Joseph Millborn and Susannah,nee, Agur
      Hope this make some sense and is some help
                                                   regards John
WE ARE RESEARCHING -  BUCKLAND,CHAPMAN,CUBITT.LEAHY,MELBOURNE,WINN, WEIDIG,VINTON & VENNING

Offline xjustjanex

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 05 October 05 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi John
Thanx for getting back to me. I have Joseph Perry and Elizabeth marriage cert and it says on there that her father was Owen. She is living in Stebbing in the1841 census with these two as well. I have access to Ancestry.co.uk but never seen the info on there.
Regards
Jane
norris. broadie.wright.day,taylor.wilkinson,mindenhall,bennett,rose,gower,boorman,perry,emery.mindenhall,levett,east,dodd,cutter,kilburn,netherway.

Offline molljohn

• RootsChat Member
  • ONE AND ALL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 05 October 05 21:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane
   Well you learn something new every day and the name on a certificate is fairly conclusive. On Ancestry you search Owen Melbourne 5 hits come up under world trees and the info just unfolds . Though I have seen some errors
                 Happy hunting
                                   John
WE ARE RESEARCHING -  BUCKLAND,CHAPMAN,CUBITT.LEAHY,MELBOURNE,WINN, WEIDIG,VINTON & VENNING