Author Topic: Stockdale Marriage  (Read 2764 times)

Offline louise60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Stockdale Marriage
« on: Friday 13 August 04 01:06 BST (UK) »
I am loking for information on a marriage between John Stockdale born 1818 or 1819Pickering To Diana born About 1818 Bilsdale, I have no pther information on either party. Any help would be appreciated

with thanks louise :)

Offline winston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Stockdale Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 August 04 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Louise,

Here is the family on the the 1881 census if you applied for one of their birth certs you should know Diana's maiden name.

Household:

Name  Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability
 John STOCKDALE   Head   M   Male   63   Pickering, York, England   Gl Lab     
 Diana STOCKDALE   Wife   M   Female   63   Bilsdale, York, England       
 George STOCKDALE   Son   U   Male   22   Pickering, York, England   Gl Lab     
 John STOCKDALE   Son   M   Male   25   Pickering, York, England   Gas Fitter     
 Alice STOCKDALE   Gd Daur      Female   13   Pickering, York, England   Scholar     

~~~~~~~~
Source Information:
  Dwelling   Westgate St
  Census Place Pickering, York, England
  Family History Library Film   1342164
  Public Records Office Reference   RG11
  Piece / Folio   4828 / 74
  Page Number   29

Wendy
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Blakeley in Batley West Yorks
Turner in Hanging Heaton West Yorkshire
Dann last known area Soothill West Yorks
Hirst in Hanging heaton W Yorks
Moss in Morley and Leeds
Parker in Morley W Yorks
Parker in Hull E Yorks
Tilburns in Morley W Yorks

Offline louise60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 August 04 02:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for your help. I will do what you suggest.

thank you once again

louise

Offline familyhist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 October 04 15:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Louise,
I think John and Diana Stockdale were my g-g-g- grandparents.
If they're the same John and Diana, her maiden name was Bell and they died within a year of each other in 1892 and 1893. According to their gravestone he died aged 73 in 1893 and she aged 72 the year before. Their ages are close to those given the 1881 Census (within a year or two).
I have a birth certificate of Hannah Stockdale, born 1857 to a John and Diana Stockdale of Eastgate, Pickering.
Do you think these are the same people ? I have info on two daughters, but not on anybody else.
How is your research going ?
Do you know where they were married ?

David   :)
Interested in Lacey, Postill, Stockdale in the Ryedale area.

Offline louise60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 October 04 07:31 BST (UK) »
dear David,
John and Diana Stockdale are my g-g-g Grandparents. I have no information on a Hannah Stockdale. My G-g grandmother was Ellen Stockdale born 1854. I also Know of two sons John b 1856 and George b 1859. Ellen Postill Married Thomas Postill, my G Grandmother is their Daughter Diana. My mother is also called Diana, named after Diana Stockdale. Iam sorry Iam unable to give any information on John and Diana's wedding.
Hope we can chat again Louise :)

Offline familyhist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 21 October 04 13:14 BST (UK) »
Dear Loiuse,

Thanks very much for extra info. I've just started tracing this side of the family history.
John and Diana (nee Bell) Stockdale's daughter, Hannah was my g-g-grandmother. She married Henry (also known as Harry) Postill, and one of their sons, Sydney Postill, was my maternal grandmother's father.
I have some more info on their descendants which I'd be happy to share with you.
Do you know how the Personal Messages system works on Roots Chat ? I can't find how to send one ! 
David :)
Interested in Lacey, Postill, Stockdale in the Ryedale area.

Offline louise60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 22 October 04 05:09 BST (UK) »
Dear David, Iam just a beginner, I don't know how to send personal messages sorry.
In the last note it should have read Ellen Stockdale married Thomas Postill. Do you know if thomas and Harry were related.I have no information on the Postills at all. I would love to swap information with you. Iam sorry to say that I do not have much as yet.

Love louise :)