Author Topic: mcgowans  (Read 4826 times)

Offline vinty222

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
mcgowans
« on: Friday 23 September 05 08:26 BST (UK) »
 im looking for anyone who remembered the mcgowans are have them in the family. they were called patrick and margaret her single name was margaret dearin. they left for scotland in the 1850s are around that time, they had 5 children in ireland and had another 2 in  scotland,
                    yours sincerly patrick mcgowan
                       email MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You

Offline tomf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: mcgowans
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 November 06 01:49 GMT (UK) »
I know of Patrick b.1798 and wife Margaret b. abt 1809 with children Mary b.1837, George 1839, catherine 1842, Bridget 1844, Charles 1848, all approx. from 1860 U.S. census at Warwick, R.I. Believe family immig to U.S. 1857/58 period. 
flynn, dalton, hackley, ball, corrigan, mckenna, riley

Offline vinty222

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: mcgowans
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 June 07 17:07 BST (UK) »
 THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING BUT THE PATRICK IN MY FAMILY WAS BORN 1814 AND MARGARET WAS BORN AROUND 1817, BUT THERE IS A FEW FAMILY NAMES THERE, THEY HAD A CATHERINE AND A MARY WHO WAS BORN IN SCOTLAND 1857 THET ALSO HAT A MARGARET JOHN BRIDGET AND A ANDREW, IM STILL LOOKING THE COUNTY THEY CAME FROM AS ON THE DEATH CERTS IT JUST SAYS IRELAND,L  MARGARETS NAME WAS DEARY ARE DEARIN AND THAT IS A RARE ENOUGH NAME, SOME MAN WROTE TO ME AND SAID HE HAD ONLY FOUND TWO DEARY,S IN MONAGHAN ARE DONEGAL, THANKS FOR THE HELP IF YOU CAN FIND OUT ANY MORE PLEASE LET ME KNOW .
                        PV MCGOWAN