Author Topic: William H Adamson, born Lambeth 1856- Toronto  (Read 5688 times)

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
  • 2x G-Gma Sarah Page Simpso born Chilham Kent 1836
    • View Profile
Re: William H Adamson, born Lambeth 1856- Toronto
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 16 October 05 13:49 BST (UK) »
Eillo!
You are becoming an Ontario Genealogy Guru...Sometimes I just put my 2 cents worth in to keep the thread alive for that request....some poor notes just sit there....J.J.

JJ,

It's often your answers that spark me on to think "hmmm. I wonder...."!

There's been some queries I read, and would have overlooked because there weren't enough dates/facts/etc -- but then you find a fact (you must spend hours!!) and add it - and it's enough to make me think that maybe I can find something else, or suggest somewhere else to look.

Martha too! I luv seeing so many people tackle a problem someone is having - all the great ideas pouring in

Kind of like the Tag Team of Ontario Genealogy?  ;D

Simpson, Fuller, Page, Stead, Caspall, Philpott, Williams, Elvery, Whibley, Fryer/Friar, Sutton, Grant, Allard, Packman, Steadman, Norris, Drury, Boughton, Spratt, Munday, Rabbit, Wildbore

Offline vbain

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 06 May 10 00:48 BST (UK) »
Ontario cemetery Finding Aid
If you contct Toronto Genweb, or York Genweb, they may bw able to give particulars

ADAMSON, Frederick William Toronto Necropolis York Toronto TO-TRN-014

Offline Nettopsey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 06 May 10 13:18 BST (UK) »
One more piece for the pot.  The Toronto City of Directory of 1921 has a Wm H Adamson living on Keele St, and apparently running W H Adamson and Sons, Insurance Adjustors.  It also lists the names of his sons.  You can download the directory from http://www.archive.org/details/torontodirec192100midiuoft.

Best of luck,

James
Halls, Devon England, Middlesex/Huron Ontario Canada,

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 06 May 10 17:01 BST (UK) »
I don't know that Carole A was bent on finding this info as she never gave us more information when found...the parents of William H. were John & Mary Ann.  The ones we found on census don't seem to match up, so far although he may have arrived after the censuses...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Carole A

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 09:19 BST (UK) »
My apologies to all if I seem to have ignored posts - don't receive automatic notifications of replies and have been moving countries myself so neglecting Rootschat and family tree. Still looking for William H Adamson born to John and Mary Ann Adamson in Lambeth in 1856 and last spotted in Lancashire in 1881.

Any migration to Canada or anywhere is pure speculation on my part but I cannot find a likely death or marriage in the UK and the family had a history of marine engineering and other connections with maritime trade.

Carole

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 14:07 BST (UK) »
Carole you also now know the surname for Mary Ann was Cooper...so am not sure why you didn't add that to your reply, so I will add it.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=33321.new;topicseen#new
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Carole A

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 20:32 BST (UK) »
JJ, I feel admonished! As you can see, I am picking up this thread after five years away, and not getting any messages because I had changed email addresses. The parental maiden name was irrelevant to the search, I deemed, as W H Adamson was an adult when he may have left the UK and this would not be revealed in censuses, etc.