Author Topic: Looking for Alice Hoy  (Read 1007 times)

Offline tillymint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Looking for Alice Hoy
« on: Sunday 25 September 05 10:41 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother was Alice Hoy, she was born in 1881 or 1882. She married Jonathan Thatcher-the name he was known by, but on the marriage cert it says James, in 1903 in Stockport, cheshire. I know her father was Thomas Hoy and on the wedding cert he was deceased and used to be a butcher. She had around 6 children the only names I know are Alice-born 1904, died circa 1913 and Emily born 1906, who was my nan. Alice(my great grandmother) died in 1912 I think, my nan said she was 5 at the time. Jonathan died a year later and my nan went into a home for a while, this was where her sister Alice died and there was a baby who also died. I cannot find anything else about her, she may have been Irish, my nan said she was told this but sadly knew nothing for sure. I would be grateful if anyone could help
Thanks
Basquill, Allsop, Thatcher, Hoy,Knowlson, Waterson, Dale, Platt

Offline CaseyBee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Alice Hoy
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 September 05 12:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

Found these in 1891. Are they yours?

Hoy, Owen abt 1841 Ireland Head  Arrowe Hill  Cheshire   
Hoy, Susan abt 1843 Ireland Wife  Arrowe Hill  Cheshire   
Hoy, Susan abt 1877 Upton, Cheshire, England Daughter  Arrowe Hill  Cheshire   
Hoy, Thomas abt 1879 Upton, Cheshire, England Son  Arrowe Hill  Cheshire 
Hoy, Alice abt 1883 Woodchurch, Cheshire, England Daughter  Arrowe Hill  Cheshire 

Ref: RG12/2876/4/1 and 2

Regards
Keith
Bingham - Bradford, Hull, Brigg
Smeed - Surrey, London

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tillymint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Alice Hoy
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 September 05 17:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that, but unfortunately I don't think so. I have found a few alice hoys in the census' but none with a father called thomas  :(
I have tried to find a death certificate for her but I don't think it has been transcribed yet. Do you think a trip to the records office in chester should be my next move?
Basquill, Allsop, Thatcher, Hoy,Knowlson, Waterson, Dale, Platt