Author Topic: Photographs linking to Sheffield, Derbyshire, Southport, Manchester  (Read 7443 times)

Offline Hunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Photographs linking to Sheffield, Derbyshire, Southport, Manchester
« on: Sunday 15 August 04 11:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have a photograph album which was presented to:

Miss Emily Todd
with many returns of the day
April 13 /69 (I assume it is 1869)

The photographs are on small postcards with various details of the photographers on the back including the areas I have mentioned.

One photograph has a pencil written inscription as follows:
Mr J Fairhurst in his 75 year July11 /74

The album would have been of very good quality, with leather cover and metal clasp, unfortunately it is now without the spine. 

If anyone thinks they have a family connection please get in touch.

Val
Atkinson, Hunter, Scanlon, Bell, Heptinstall, Evans, Hickin, Mawby, Chapman, Marples, Fay

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Re: Photographs linking to Sheffield, Derbyshire, Southport, Manchester
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 February 05 19:18 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)

Hi Hunter !

What a shame that no-one has claimed your photograph albumn.  I wish it were mine.

Perhaps someone will, one day.

:) :) :)

BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Hunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 February 05 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mobo

It's sad to think that I 'rescued' it from a second hand shop who dealt with house clearances. 

I dread to think what my lot will do with all my treasured posessions some day...

I also would love to pass them off as my ancestors, but I can't seem to find any family resemblence, besides none of my lot could have ever afforded to have photos taken.  (Or did they photograph the inmates of the poor house?)

ttfn

Hunter
Atkinson, Hunter, Scanlon, Bell, Heptinstall, Evans, Hickin, Mawby, Chapman, Marples, Fay

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 February 05 18:18 GMT (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

LOL

;D ;D ;D
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Brett

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 June 05 12:53 BST (UK) »
Dear Hunter,

I don't have any family connection, but I would very much appreciate being able to feature images of the Derbyshire photographs from your album on my web site devoted to Victorian & Edwardian Derbyshire Photographers and Photographic Studios, please.  I have compiled an almost complete index of photographers from this county from the 1850s until the First World War, and have profiles of well over a hundred of them, together with numerous examples of their work.  Most of the images have been contributed by visitors to the site, and I'm always looking for more to add to the collection.  As usual, I will include full acknowledgement of the source of this material.  Please contact me for further details.

Regards and best wishes,

Brett Payne
Tauranga, New Zealand

Offline maidmarianoops

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • somewhere over the rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 November 05 09:36 GMT (UK) »
hello ,i was going to suggest your site brett but you beat me to it
sylvia
notts/derbys clark
      "        "      stenson
        "       "    nicholson
       "     "        jarvis
                         castledine
    rhodes

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline xtonaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 05 December 05 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brett

Wonder if you could help me re details of photographer George Jones of Liverpool. He photographed Gearge Earl, (animal artist) around 1865 and I am trying to establish any connection between them
Many thanks
Audrey H
census records are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Harrison; Iddon; Jolly; Laithwaite; Livesey; Pilkington; Robinson; Shorrock ; Smith - Lancashire;  Boden; Morgan ;   - Shropshire/Montgomeryshire; Cragg ; Shepherd - Westmorland

Offline xtonaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 05 December 05 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brett

Wonder if you could help me re details of photographer George Jones of Liverpool. He photographed Gearge Earl, (animal artist) around 1865 and I am trying to establish any connection between them
Many thanks
Audrey H
census records are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Harrison; Iddon; Jolly; Laithwaite; Livesey; Pilkington; Robinson; Shorrock ; Smith - Lancashire;  Boden; Morgan ;   - Shropshire/Montgomeryshire; Cragg ; Shepherd - Westmorland

Offline oldfil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 19 March 06 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hunter , It seems alot of people have the same problem as me. Albums full of photographs of unknown people either distant relations or just random photographs we've picked up along the way.I set up a website specifically for photographs like these. Where they can be posted up onto the web along with all known details, in the hope that someone will visit the website and recognise a face!
If your interested in this idea then please get in touch with me
Jackie