Author Topic: mary drummond, scarbourgh.  (Read 1938 times)

Offline cookson

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
mary drummond, scarbourgh.
« on: Wednesday 28 September 05 22:14 BST (UK) »
hello. looking for info on my grandmas family.Mgreat grandma was Mary Elizabeth Drummond , born Scarbourgh in 1849. She married John Egan and lived in Deptford London. according to the 1901 census mary had remarried to Thomas King, and had a son to him named Percival, and was living back in Scarbourgh. Any Drummonds out there.
Kipling, Hull. Egan, Cork, Deptford, Southwark. Drummond, Perthshire, Scarborough. Rayner, Hull. Paterson, Lanarkshire. McShane, Armagh, Ayrshire, Lanarkshire. McNiven, Argylre. McEwen, Perthshire. Harbison, Armargh. Lavery, Armargh. Anderson, Ayrshire. Rae, Ayrshire. Graham, Dunbarton.

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: mary drummond, scarbourgh.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 September 05 19:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Cookson

I can't find a Mary Elizabeth Drummond in the Scarborough 1851 census.  Is the 1849 date definitely correct?

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cookson

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 October 05 19:18 BST (UK) »
hi. YES , according to the 1881 , 1891 census returns , her birth year was 1849. Many Thanks, Cooson.
Kipling, Hull. Egan, Cork, Deptford, Southwark. Drummond, Perthshire, Scarborough. Rayner, Hull. Paterson, Lanarkshire. McShane, Armagh, Ayrshire, Lanarkshire. McNiven, Argylre. McEwen, Perthshire. Harbison, Armargh. Lavery, Armargh. Anderson, Ayrshire. Rae, Ayrshire. Graham, Dunbarton.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 October 05 22:01 BST (UK) »
My maths is not brilliant but...
In 1901 she is 45
in 1891 she is 38
in 1881 she is 32
Room for manoeuvre there I think!
Do you have either of her marriage certifcates?  They will give her father's name and occupation.  And another stab at her age!    When did she marry John Egan?
Andrea

Offline cookson

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 October 05 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrea, no i dont have any marriage certs, but just found that she remarried thomas king in southwark london in 1898. at st saviours.I will have to send off for it and see what i find out from that. The difficult one to find is when and where she and grandad egan married. thanx for info. Kind regards   .  Janice.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 15 October 05 18:10 BST (UK) »
I did wonder whether John Egan had been married before and the first child - born in Scotland - was not Mary's.  It was only a thought but there seemed a long gap to the next one and Mary would have been quite young to have a child that age.  In which case her marriage would be before the second child.  Cannot remember the dates now but I know it crossed my mind when I was looking yesterday.
Andrea

Offline cookson

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 20 October 05 22:43 BST (UK) »
hi andrea.  been doing a bit more digging and found mary on 1861 census , scarbourgh, yorkshire, and it gives her born 1855 as opposed to 1849 in the 1881/91 census, does this make any sense to you?. best wishes . Janice.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 22 October 05 15:19 BST (UK) »
I think you need to get a marriage certificate and then you will know her father's name and occupation and can make sure you have the right one in 1861.  Otherwise we are just guessing!
Andrea

Offline cookson

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 23 October 05 16:02 BST (UK) »
hi Andrea, i know i need the marriage cert, this is where i have hit a brick wall, i cant find out where and when they got married, this is where i am stuck.   kind regards  .  jan.