Author Topic: Mary Marshall Douglas  (Read 3120 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Mary Marshall Douglas
« on: Monday 16 August 04 18:42 BST (UK) »
Hi looking for any info on
Mary Marshall Douglas born  Dunbarton
Father James Douglas
mother Jean Bryce
I believe the above Mary my have a conection with my Ggrandmother Mary Douglas
also my dad had a sister called
Hanah Marshall sewell b 1900 in Carlisle
thanks
audrey

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Marshall Douglas
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 November 04 21:09 GMT (UK) »
I would happily do a search for you on Scotlandspeople if you had an idea as to the year (ish) that we are talking about...

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Marshall Douglas
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 November 04 10:01 GMT (UK) »
mo
 thank you for your reply i  got the info some years ago from some one that was tracing the Douglas family and that is all the info she sent me I am trying to trace my g grandmother
Mary Douglas b 1834 Scotland according to my dad in dumfries but the family who i thought was hers has proved wrong as i have traced most of them and they come from a wealthy family and I know my Ggrandmother had no education she could not write as I have birth cert of all her siblings and they have been signed with  X
I wondered could this be Marys parents and that she worked dumfries rather than was born there
i have never been able to fined a marriage for Mary Douglas and John Sewell between 1851-1853 I have tried Scottish people but nothing
Audrey