Author Topic: Duntocher families  (Read 204822 times)

Offline Marie Kelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duntocher families
« Reply #270 on: Monday 11 July 11 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hi all.  Been tracing back on my family since my Dad passed away couple of years ago and with the help of my Dads cousin have found out lots of interesting facts!
My Grandfather ws Patrick Kelly, who married Agnes Cassidy 1933, he died July 1942. His parents were Peter Kelly and Martha Kelly nee Coulter. Martha died 1937, her parents were owen Coulter and Martha Coulter nee McGrath. Now this is where my findings end. They all lived in Duntocher from from when Patrick was born (as much as I'm aware)
Unsure how to proceed from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Offline freya47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday 24 August 11 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have just recently started researching my family tree and this is the 1st time that i have been on this website.

My maternal grandfather was a Mochan from Duntocher, his father John Mochan (married to Catherine McGlinchey) was born in Duntocher in 1878.  His father Michael (married to Mary O'Donnell) was born in Ireland in 1843.

Offline freya47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday 24 August 11 23:05 BST (UK) »
hi debbi bc

this is the first time ive posted message just to let you know the school photogragh is not of st marys but duntocher public school iwas in your cousin robert stewarts class and ican name a lot of the people in the picture    freya47

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday 24 August 11 23:45 BST (UK) »
hi debbi bc

this is the first time ive posted message just to let you know the school photogragh is not of st marys but duntocher public school iwas in your cousin robert stewarts class and ican name a lot of the people in the picture    freya47

Hello!  and welcome to our Duntocher families conversation.  :)  It's not St. Mary's?  I guess Robert remembered incorrectly when he sent me the photo.
But if you can name a lot of the children, that would make some very, very happy people on here!  Feel free to add as many of the names as you can on the posting where the picture is located. 
I will look forward to seeing the names, and thanks for joining in!   8)

I have bumped the thread, and posted another copy of the pic, so that you can add the names easier.  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=315733.msg4045883

Cheers!!!  Deb
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: Thursday 20 October 11 23:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Marie,
I have some Kelly's - there is a Peter Kelly born abt. 1888, Clydebank, I wonder if this is your Peter?
His parents were John Joseph Kelly & Elizabeth Higgins.  John Joseph was born Paisley, Renfrewshire & Elizabeth was born Glasgow.  There were 9 children beside Peter that I know of.  Unfortunately I don't have
a marriage for Peter.
Helen
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline pipeyson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: Friday 21 October 11 07:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Debbie in BC,
I notice that you have the name "Murray" in your list. I have a Murray too, but have not started to research them as yet. I have a George Murray B. ca 1810 married to a Sarah Murray and a daughter of theirs, also Sarah, who married John Smith. Does this information coincide with yours at all?
Regards

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: Saturday 22 October 11 00:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Pipeyson, I have just checked out our Murrays (Debbie in B.C. is my cousin) and we don't seem to have a George in the time frame you mentioned.  Deb will be back in B.C. on Monday, I'll get her to double check.
Helen
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline pipeyson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: Saturday 22 October 11 14:12 BST (UK) »
Helen, Thanks for your response and for checking, it was just a faint hope!

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: Monday 24 October 11 18:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Pipeyson, just double checked, and Helen is right.  Sorry!
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley