Author Topic: Duntocher families  (Read 204558 times)

Offline Paul Mcgachy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Duntocher families
« Reply #396 on: Monday 14 March 16 19:41 GMT (UK) »
hi sarah thanks for the  reply i think her daughter stays in duntocher i would be much obliged if someone could put me in touch with her many thanks paul

Offline myyran

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: Friday 25 March 16 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Folks, Cant remember If I have already posted the photo of Filshie's pub that was.  Its changed hands a couple of times, but the outside remains the same. There was another window to the right ,the canopy is recent.  myyran xx

copyright image removed
Stevenson,Wright,  Antrim, Armagh.
McGowan,McGregor, Wright, Alexandria.   Grattan, McCauley. Ireland

Offline Calvinjsmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 03:36 BST (UK) »
Hi.  I am looking for relatives from the Duntocher area.  Sadie Thomson (Main)... Sister to Mary Main (my grandmother).  She and most of my long-lost relatives are from the Duntocher and Clydebank area.  Any info would be great!

Offline myyran

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 13:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Calvinjsmith,  I'm sure one or two of Sadie's sons are still around Duntocher.  If you go into the website Duntocher Past and Present someone will be able to help you.  I knew Sadie very well such a lovely kind lady,  unfortunately she passed a few years ago. 

Offline Calvinjsmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 14:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much myryan!  We were hopeful she might still be alive.  My grandmother passed about 10 yrs ago now.  I was aware she had two boys - twins I believe.  I am not certain their names... possibly Jarrod and Paul?  Will definitely take your advice and check out the website.  Have a wonderful day!

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 17:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Calvinjsmith, I just read your PM.  And seen your messages on here.  The web site myyran refers to is on facebook, it is a group of Duntocher folk, and they are extremely helpful.  They will be the ones for sure that can help you track your living family down.  Here is the link to the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/duntocherlocal/
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline jcjc123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: Saturday 09 April 16 19:08 BST (UK) »
Hi.  I am looking for relatives from the Duntocher area.  Sadie Thomson (Main)... Sister to Mary Main (my grandmother).  She and most of my long-lost relatives are from the Duntocher and Clydebank area.  Any info would be great!

is this the famous sadie of 'sadies' the little 'corner shop' that used to stand beside the post office?
Primarily Startup, Dickson & Cranston, with branches in baggs, Cheetham, Keir, Fosyth, Marshall & Logan. Regions mainly Scotland & the borders & Greater London area.
Many Naval ancestors and connections to Canada & American.

Offline myyran

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: Monday 11 April 16 13:10 BST (UK) »
Hi jcjc123, the 'Sadies' shop you are referring to was the Drapers, first shop on Dumbarton Road (main street). The lady who served in it for years lived in  Duntocher her name was Bridget Killett. Don't know where 'Sadie' lived.  The other one you mention at the Post Office, was Farrells paper shop. been there for many years, run by Mrs Farrell and her two daughters Betty and Rena.   x 

Offline expat1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: Monday 30 May 16 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Calvinssmith
Sadie Thompson nee Main was my Auntie, her brother John Mainwas  my father, and i guess your gran was Mary Fallardue ( sorry if the spellings wrong )