Author Topic: Duntocher families  (Read 204749 times)

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Duntocher families
« Reply #450 on: Sunday 27 October 19 22:23 GMT (UK) »
According to my relationship examiner we are 1st cousins, one time removed.  Tommy & Sarah were married on the 26th Nov. 1913, Dalmuir.  So, as you can see, Sarah was wife #1.  They had 2 daughters who lived to the ages of 73 & 61, and a son Thomas who died aged 2.
The children from the 2nd marriage were William, Thomas (aka Barney), Evelyne, Hugh, Florence, John, James & Arthur.
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline Jackie Moore

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: Sunday 27 October 19 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Helen thank you for that history. Dad and John always thought they were half brothers?? So Mary Sweeny was the second wife!! I actually met her then when dad took us home to duntocher.wow didn't realise he had more sisters. Now I might be a bit confused but somewhere I thought my dad had a twin?? Probably confused. It's so lovely to see all the children's names together. Was that the names in age order? I can't wait to show my sister all this information. Thank you again. X

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: Monday 28 October 19 02:14 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any photos of your grandfather?  I have 3 or 4 of Uncle Tommy if you are interested.
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: Monday 28 October 19 02:22 GMT (UK) »
Cousin Deb (Deborah Hudon) should jump in to the conversation anytime now, I've let her know  :)
And she is a wealth of knowledge so you will enjoy talking to her too.

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: Monday 28 October 19 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jackie!  I am your second cousin Debbie  :)  Helen emailed me last night to say you were on here, and then this morning I finally got a notification from the thread that there were new posts.  Gotta love technology lol!

My Granny was Margaret Stewart, Sister to your grandfather Tommy.  I run a pretty large family tree of all the Stewarts on ancestry, you need to check it out!  Over the years, Helen & I have done a ton of work on the family, gathered pictures, we are always looking for pictures!  And uploaded everything so the extended family can share in our progress.

We have a few documents pertaining to Tommy you might like to see -  Attestation papers from WW1,  his 1913 marriage certificate to Sarah Meecham,  his 1893 birth certificate and his British pension records.  His marriage certificate to Mary Jane Sweeney and his death certificate are on the 'to purchase' list, as they have not been digitized by Scotland's People website as yet.

Although, I see you mention you have his death cert!  You must have the originals? 

We also have 5 or 6 pics of Tommy uploaded, you are welcome to download and copy any of them.

Here is a link to our public ancestry tree - https://www.ancestry.ca/family-tree/tree/108443933

Once you locate the profile page for Thomas Murray Stewart, click his gallery and you will see all the pics and documents. 
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline Jackie Moore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: Monday 28 October 19 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Helen I will go through all my parents photos. I'm sure there might be some?? X

Offline Jackie Moore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: Monday 28 October 19 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie lovely to meet you and Helen. Yes I have the original death certificate my dad signed it as NOK. I will go on the site and check out the family tree thank you. I can send you a photo of my dad bless him. I'm going to go through all my parents black and white photos. I'm sure there must be photos from way back. I remember when my grandfather died although I never met him. My dad went home to Duntocher and was away for my sixteenth birthday which was 7/12/76. I did meet uncle John several times and Wally which was probably William once years ago when they come to England to stay with us. My sister Kelly is due home today from Turkey I can't wait to share this good news with her. X

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: Monday 28 October 19 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Jackie, there is a ton of stuff you and your Sister will enjoy looking at on the family tree.  If you have photo's or documents you can share, we would LOVE to see them! 
Nice to meet a new Cousin  :) :) :)  Deb
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline Jackie Moore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: Monday 28 October 19 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Lovely to be in touch with my dad's family it has always been my ambition. I will search out documents. I'm sure I have my grandad birth certificate too. One question you might be able to answer for me. Was the name Murray a middle name? Not clear on that.  😃