Author Topic: Janet Allan  (Read 1408 times)

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Janet Allan
« on: Sunday 02 October 05 17:13 BST (UK) »
Janet Allan was born around 1801, the daughter of James Allan and Mary Watt.  She was unmarried and lived in Grahamston, Falkirk and died in 1885 at the age of 84.

I cannot find her birth or the marriage of her parents in the IGI and would be grateful for any assistance in obtaining details of these.
Ireland: Arlour, Arlow, Hammond, Hannah, Shanks, Templeton

Scotland: Allan, Black, Carlyle, Corkingdale, Fleeting, Grant, Hammond, Hannah, Kirkwood, Lothian, McFarlane, Main, Neilson, Shanks, Sneddon, Stirling, Wood

Sussex/Hampshire/Surrey/London/Kent: Beagley, Champion, Clark, Douch, Earl, Jones, King, Ladyman, Ley, Pattenden, Peskett, Pink, Readings, Standen, Stonestreet, Windiate

Offline Alanex

• RootsChat Extra
  • James-Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Janet Allan
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 October 05 19:57 BST (UK) »
I had a similar problem with a "Janet Allan" in my family. Check under "Jessie Allan", that's howI found ours.

Regards,

Alan.
Scotland: Bell, Bond, Doig, Hogg, Houston, Howson, James, Melville, Murdoch, Paton, Pennycook, Smillie/Smellie, Strain, White
England: James
Wales: James
Ireland: Hogg, Murdoch
USA: Melville, White
Australia: Houston, Howson
Canada: Houston, Pennycook

Offline Robneve

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Janet Allan
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 May 06 19:02 BST (UK) »
Her parents were married in Edinburgh and I dropped this one because it did not seem to
belong to my branch of the Allan family.  If I can find or recall the details, I will get back to you. However a search in ScotlandsPeople in Edinburgh should get you there.