Author Topic: Dorset King family  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Bob Holland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Dorset King family
« on: Sunday 02 October 05 17:22 BST (UK) »
Has anyone got info about the King family around the Sherborne to Buckland Newton area in the C18th please?
Mary King Married John Holland in 1802.

Bob Holland

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Dorset King family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 October 05 23:07 BST (UK) »
Hello Bob Holland
I'm afraid I haven't any info on your request - but would you by any chance be related to Eliza King (b.1852, married Fredk John Farnham 1884, d 1934) lived Warmwell, Dorchester.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Winson (Dby), Stanley(Sts), Harrison(Dby to Rutland), Barker/Barber((Sts), Baston (Oxon), Wiltshire(Middx), Franklin (Herts/Beds)

Offline Bob Holland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 October 05 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hello LSF,

As yet I have very little information about my Dorset connections because the links have only just been found. The districts are close, so maybe there is a possibility that the families are the same.

When I do get more info I will try to let you know.

I notice one of your interest names is Winson in Derby or Derbyshire. That name occurs in my wife's family in the village where she was born, near to Ashover. Are you connected there?

Regards

Bob Holland.

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 October 05 15:59 BST (UK) »
Dear Bob Holland
Thank you for your reply.  In fact the King connection is my husband's.  Whereas  Winson is my family - our family mostly comes from the Duffield area - so maybe your wife and I connect somewhere on our family trees.
Look forward to hearing from you.
LFS
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Winson (Dby), Stanley(Sts), Harrison(Dby to Rutland), Barker/Barber((Sts), Baston (Oxon), Wiltshire(Middx), Franklin (Herts/Beds)