Author Topic: Marriage in Ficheldean, Milston or Bulford  (Read 822 times)

Offline Karenn

• RootsChat Member
  • The NORTH Crest
    • View Profile
Marriage in Ficheldean, Milston or Bulford
« on: Tuesday 04 October 05 09:11 BST (UK) »
Hello List,
In a process of elimination I'm trying to locate a marriage of Lawrence NORTH to a 'Mary'.  Their children were born in 1758 and 1763 in Woodford so I assuming they got married sometime before 1758.
It's possible Lawrence was born in Basingstoke and made the trip across to Woodford picking up his bride along the way. So I'm asking for help to cover the surrounding parishes of Woodford.
If someone has access to Ficheldean, Milston or Bulford and could look between 1750 to 1760 for me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in anticipation.

Karenn
from downunder ;D
Durnford and  Woodford in Wiltshire, Leckford, Stockbridge and Basingstoke in Hampshire. North, Waters, Davis, Alsop/Sopp, Hayter, Harris, Dear, Dyke, Stride and Wright.

Offline allibaker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.n
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage in Ficheldean, Milston or Bulford
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 October 05 10:39 BST (UK) »
i have this on the IG1
lawrence north bapt 26th aug 1736 basingstoke,hampshire
parents lawrence north and mary

found this marriage in 1757
lawrence north married mary stride om 22nd feb 1757 at st lukes old street,finsbury london
any chance this is yours?
regards
alli
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.
somerset- quick,baker,stephens,atyeo,rowswell,callow,marks
durham- marshall,fairbairn
worcestershire- stephens,bishop
gloucestershire - stephens
middlesex - chesney

Offline Karenn

• RootsChat Member
  • The NORTH Crest
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage in Ficheldean, Milston or Bulford
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 October 05 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Alli, :D
I trying to prove that the Lawrence in Basingstoke is the Lawrence I am seeking the marriage for.  I have looked at the Finsbury film and it's not him.  That Lawrence is from St George Hanover and Mary Stride is from Finsbury.  Doesn't fit that they would move to Woodford to have their children. :(

My thinking is that Lawrence travelled South from Basingstoke, met Mary along the way and ended up in Woodford to have their children. ???

Consequently, there is a Mary Stride born in Woodford born in 1737, so it is possible that he married this Mary Stride but have to find their marriage to tie up all these loose ends!

Cheers
Karenn :)

Durnford and  Woodford in Wiltshire, Leckford, Stockbridge and Basingstoke in Hampshire. North, Waters, Davis, Alsop/Sopp, Hayter, Harris, Dear, Dyke, Stride and Wright.