Author Topic: 'BOREEN' LOWER FOXDALE FW WILSON  (Read 4129 times)

Offline morgan

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
'BOREEN' LOWER FOXDALE FW WILSON
« on: Tuesday 17 August 04 15:37 BST (UK) »
My great grandfather Frederick W Wilson lived at a house named 'Boreen' in Foxdale before his death in 1939.  He was in the merchant navy and spent most of his life at sea.  I'm trying to ascertain if he built the house and in what year he or his family occupied it.  His son Norman (my grandfather) became golf pro at Port Erin in the 20's and his sister Harriet is reported to have landed him the job.  I need to know if Harriet and Norman ever lived at 'Boreen' as children as they were abandoned by their mother and were brought up by aunts on the IOM. On his death in 1939, his second wife Ella inherited his estate and I would love to get my hands on his will to see if he did in fact leave anything to his children!!  He died on 13/03/1939 and was buried in Patrick Parish?  Any help would be gratefully appreciated!!
Gillian
BARKER -coastguards and seafarers in UK and Ireland
WILSON- Farmers and seafarers UK and Ulster
MOLYNEUX-Married a WILSON?
DAWSON-GEORGE,basket manufacturer in Belfast 1900, daughter MINNIE EMILY married FW WILSON in Belfast 1900 fled to AUSTRALIA? circa 1913 leaving husband and 3 children HARRIET,SIDNEY,NORMAN WILSON.

Offline kaighin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 'BOREEN' LOWER FOXDALE FW WILSON
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 August 04 08:47 BST (UK) »
If I may make a suggestion, and my apologies to the moderator, but you'd probably get a better response to your question at http://www.isle-of-man.com/cgi-bin/interests/genealogy/bulletin/index.pl?noframes