Author Topic: Swanston(e)  (Read 9864 times)

Offline swanny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Swanston(e)
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 November 05 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Sorry about the typo - it's Sibbley, of course. Back to hunt and Peck.  Swanny

Offline SusanJane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 November 05 13:43 GMT (UK) »
Dear Swanny

My husband and I made a trip to Toronto last week and on our way home we stopped in at the Farnham Cemetery and found the tombstone for Sibbley Orme nee Swanston.  She is buried there with her husband James and Peter and his wife Jane are on the same tombstone.  Took a picture of it. 

Haven't had time for much research lately.  I'll keep in touch if I find anything more out.  Great to know that they are in the Historical Atlas.  Since we reside in the same County as Puslinch my inlaws have the Atlas.  I am going to check it out myself sometime this week.  Thanks again for the info.

SusanJane

Offline swanny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 12 November 05 21:15 GMT (UK) »
susanjane

Please see the Beck - Johnstone Dumfries section in RootsChat for more info the Beck connection.

Swanny

Offline L23

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 13 November 05 20:16 GMT (UK) »
-

Offline swanny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 01 June 06 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hi susanjane

In case you haven't found them yet, John and Elizabeth's family are in the 1851 Scottish Census in Melrose, Roxboroughshire. I'm not sure if this means they moved from Galashiels or if Melrose is the political location and Galashiels the parish.

John 42, Elizabeth 35, Andrew 9, Nicholas 8, James 6, Isabella 4, John 2 and William 0. Living with them was a  servant, Rebekah Hopkirk, 17.

John was an agricultural labourer. The farm appears to be West Houseby(res) or (rne). The writing is not clear.

Regards, Swanny

Offline Orme

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 19 May 07 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi to whoever is interested in the Swanstons.
I am Justine from New Zealand.  Peter Orme who married Sibble Swanston is the brother of my husbands ggg grandfather.

cheers
Justine